Shaved .20 off the flywheel key.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Shaved .20 off the flywheel key, she definately has a stronger sounding idle.
And i can tell a difference in the cut torque wise. Only thing left to do is port it, looking for a worksaw port job no timing change just better flow. Do any of yall feel confident that you could do it if i sent just the jug? Its a d jug if that matters.

I have gained quite a bit of power from these easy to do at home mods.

I wouldn't recomend sending just cylinder I tried it on a with a reputable porter to try and save on shipping. I sent a 12 mm 044 to be made a hybrid the cylinder that came off my 12 mm 044 I wanted ported to go on a 10mm 044 I had. He tried to talk me out of it. I just didn't wanna ship 2 saws He ported it to a case he had. The squish was greater on my saw once I got cylinder back. I was never real happy with the saw once I got cylinder back to put on my 10 mm 044 saw. Nothing by any means against the porter. This is why they want the saw. It was a lesson well leatned on my end I hope this helps.

That keyway mod should give you an extra 10 deg of advance which is quite a bit, does it start easily without trying to jerk the cord out of your hand? I'm assuming that was 0.020" not 0.20".
That’s probably closer to 6°. But that depends on the diameter of the crank

Back