Shaver OWF opinions and my upcomming install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaver

Hi I got a 165 furnace last February and I love it I heat my house my hot water and garage my house is 1600 sq ft my garage is 28x28 non insulated all I have in there is drywall with plastic behind it my house is 70 ft from furnace my garage is 145 ft and my hot water is 95 ft and I saved 327.00 in electric and I have only used around 10% of propane from Feb to two weeks ago and my garage stayed about 45 deg and the best thing I can tell you it is a great furnace and you need to burn dry season wood I had a lot of some what wet wood and bought some season wood to get me Thur I install it all myself and insulated my own pipes and saved a lot there Michael

Glad to hear its working well for you. I loved the drive to Purdue University to visit our son many years ago. Nice 2 lane roads, little traffic, straight and level.
I really regretted not going back and snapping a picture of an old plywood sign along the road that read " possum bellies for sale " . I'll probably never see another one.

Back to the stove, is yours the one that has the pipe approx 1 ft off the bottom of the firebox ? If so, much smoke when you fed the fire ? Are you in the North, middle or southern portion of Indiana ? Good luck this winter..

:greenchainsaw:

shaver owb

I live in nc IN and the pipe in my owb is down about a foot from bottom and yes it does smoke when door is open but like I said I had somewhat wet wood so I can also say that when burning season wood there was not as much smoke also the wet and green wood will buil up cresote in it and any ext pipe you put on it

Hi! I'm your Shaver Furnace Factory Rep

Hi to all Shaver owners and prospective buyers!

I am the factory rep for Shaver Furnace and am here to answer any general or installation questions you may have.

If anyone has questions about the production schedule of your furnace or a shipping date for your furnace, please call Debbie at the factory, at 870-895-3111 or 3104.

I am here to help!

Best regards,

Ben

We also have a new update for the Shaver to get even more BTU out of it. It is a plain 3-4 ft pipe installed
at the bottom of the furnace. I will post it as soon as I get the exact measurements. I have 4-Shaver Pro Series 165 left. They sell for $4377.00 plus shipping. After May 1st 2008 all Shavers will go up $400.00. We also have 100% financing. Financing can include all accessories and shipping.

Hi!

Originally we had customers add a pipe for the return line, so that the return water would flow all the way to the front to the furnace.

This was done because some people will high flow pumps were sucking the cooler water, returning into the furnace, up through the back, instead of it circulating around and to the front of the furnace and being reheated.

Putting a return pipe through the cover for the hot water coil, so that the cooler water would go to the front of the furnace, cured that rare problem.

We have since modified the water jacket area, so that the flow is no longer impeded and a pipe isn't necessary.

Best regards,

Ben

Hi to all Shaver owners and prospective buyers!

I am the factory rep for Shaver Furnace and am here to answer any general or installation questions you may have.

If anyone has questions about the production schedule of your furnace or a shipping date for your furnace, please call Debbie at the factory, at 870-895-3111 or 3104.

I am here to help!

Best regards,

Ben

Hi Ben glad to see you are here! It is always nice to be able to pm you if there are any questions.

I know when I bought my furnace; you and Billy were really busy. This way if someone has a question, you can answer it and everyone can learn from it.

I have a friend at work that is real close to ordering a 165, what’s your lead time? I told him to get it ordered fast because winter will be here fast! And propane isn’t cheap anymore!

And when the wife says you’re on the computer to much tell her you working! Lol

Take care!

Glad to be here to assist!

Hi Ben glad to see you are here! It is always nice to be able to pm you if there are any questions.

I know when I bought my furnace; you and Billy were really busy. This way if someone has a question, you can answer it and everyone can learn from it.

I have a friend at work that is real close to ordering a 165, what’s your lead time? I told him to get it ordered fast because winter will be here fast! And propane isn’t cheap anymore!

And when the wife says you’re on the computer to much tell her you working! Lol

Take care!

YES, it's easier to give the answers to 50 people to read as opposed to one at a time!

Things haven't slowed down one bit. With skyrocketing fuel prices, the phone keeps ringing off the hook.

If you think about it, the average person was spending in excess of $2500 a year on fuel. That will pay for the furnace in under 2 years AND put $25,000 in your pocket in 10 years!

Right now we are backed up 6-8 weeks, which is very unusual for this time of year, and we're cranking them out at 30 a week!

Best regards,

Ben

YES, it's easier to give the answers to 50 people to read as opposed to one at a time!

Things haven't slowed down one bit. With skyrocketing fuel prices, the phone keeps ringing off the hook.

If you think about it, the average person was spending in excess of $2500 a year on fuel. That will pay for the furnace in under 2 years AND put $25,000 in your pocket in 10 years!

Right now we are backed up 6-8 weeks, which is very unusual for this time of year, and we're cranking them out at 30 a week!

Best regards,

Ben

Ben,
so this update pushes the return water further away from the feed line correct? Just want to make sure I understand.

Water return redesign

Ben,
so this update pushes the return water further away from the feed line correct? Just want to make sure I understand.

Yes, that is correct.

I would have replied earlier but I thought this site sent an e-mail when there was a new message.

Best regards,

Ben

Latest posts

Back