• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Shindaiwa 488 in very nice condition 195$ plus shipping.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to pirate ship and used their calculator. Powerhead would cost bout 27 ish. Not sure yet what bar and chain would be, probably would be best shipped separately, but not sure if that's cost effective for you or not. Chain is newish, bar is pretty good

Saw recieved today, Thursday, Oct 13.

Unboxing showed that David (seller) took great care in packaging the saw within the box, using very effective padding and packaging, so the saw arrived unharmed.

I filled the saw with oil and fuel, pulled several cranks to purge, and saw had trouble starting. The saw has the L and H screws, so I adjusted L and H screws 1.25 turns out from closed (as I read in the manual) and the saw started and ran nicely, and oiled fast, dripping a good bit of bar oil onto the floor. I have yet to put my bar and chain on it to cut wood. More reports later.

The saw is in the great condition advertised as far as I can tell thus far. I very much appreciate old saws with no primer bulb and metal parts. I have high hopes for this.

I removed the factory spark arrestor screen, which was in good shape. I plan to take a look at a mild muffler mod.

Thank you David.

Nate

Latest posts

Back