• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Shindaiwa 500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan3605

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A Shindaiwa 500 in Great Condtion.
Not used much.
Starts / Runs Fine.
No need for this saw.
Looking for $70
IMG_0398_zpsa46d27c9.jpg

IMG_0399_zpsfb7e6cca.jpg

IMG_0402_zps101b166d.jpg
IMG_0401_zps7ee5a716.jpg

IMG_0400_zps04a3a177.jpg

I love how it says 25:1 right on the air filter cover !! They should still do that :)

I love my shinny 488 but don't know much about. 500's. The 488s and. 757s were both great saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take it in a hart beat if skiwhiz doesn't want it.

I'll take it in a hart beat if skiwhiz doesn't want it.

Its yours, I didn't know it at the time I made the post but my wife told me that she is buying me that new little Stihl MS170 that she heard me talking about. Guess a person should always check in with the boss first. Sorry for any confusion.

I just bought a 180 myself , but a person can't have too many saws.

still available. No extra spikes with this saw.
can include a bar if needed.

I bought it. Anyone know if any parts on the new echo 500 are interchangeable. I've seen adds for carbs that say echo or shindaiwa. 500. Id like to know specifically if they use the same piston / rings.

I wouldn't think the parts were interchangeable. The Shindaiwa 500 is an older saw. Built tough. I might be able to help you out with some parts as I've got quite a few spares as well as running 500‘s. I've put more time on a Shindaiwa 500 than any other saw. Also chainsawr has older Shindaiwa parts.

I wouldn't think the parts were interchangeable. The Shindaiwa 500 is an older saw. Built tough. I might be able to help you out with some parts as I've got quite a few spares as well as running 500‘s. I've put more time on a Shindaiwa 500 than any other saw. Also chainsawr has older Shindaiwa parts.
Thanks. I've always been a 488 guy. Know nothing about the 500's but love my ported 488

The 500 is rated at lower Hp, some say the 488 Hp is rated higher than actual. Although a completely different design I've found they both cut about the same. I still often grab a 500 even though I've got several 488’s and a 490. Fuel lines are still available, the weak link on these saws especially with the ethanol.
I sent you a pm. Just let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Shindaiwa is gone! Thanks everyone.
Now if somebody would want a nice Homelite Super XL

The 500 is rated at lower Hp, some say the 488 Hp is rated higher than actual. Although a completely different design I've found they both cut about the same. I still often grab a 500 even though I've got several 488’s and a 490. Fuel lines are still available, the weak link on these saws especially with the ethanol.
I sent you a pm. Just let me know if I can help you out with anything.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back