Shindaiwa 577 wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great saw - you will be pleased if you find one! I love mine - double spikes and the pro-filter kit are a MUST. Be patient, they are out there, but not too common as the EPA prevents them from being sold in the US. AFAIK, you can still get them NEW in Canada?! Seems like the going rate for a used one in good shape is $350 +/-. There are two 577 parts saws on eBay right now - however most of the good parts have already been scavenged, and shipping is ridiculous. So, you gonna collect one of each like me :laugh: If you have any specific questions, drop me a PM. Josh

attachment.php

attachment.php

There is a Shindaiwa dealer about 18 miles from me. If I get down that way anytime soon and find something I will pm you.
That 577 in you pic must have that max flow air filter system like you can buy for the 660. Here is a pic of the 577 stock filter cover.

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
That 577 in you pic must have that max flow air filter system like you can buy for the 660.

Yup, it does. Things here in summertime tend to get dry and dusty - so I'll take all the help I can get to keep my saws running better, longer. A bit bulky, but WAY better filtration than stock.

Cut4fun said:
There is a Shindaiwa dealer about 18 miles from me. If I get down that way anytime soon and find something I will pm you.
That 577 in you pic must have that max flow air filter system like you can buy for the 660. Here is a pic of the 577 stock filter cover.

Cool, haven't seen any shinny dealers round these parts. I have to say that stock one looks much better. Of coarse, some people don't like the spaceship looking dolmars either... lol. Thanks for the pic

I'd appreciate the heads up

If anything comes available, I'd sure appreciate a notice. I'm looking for good used.

Shin dealers

believe it or not i found 3 shin dealers from 12 miles to 21 miles away today around me. But no 577's used or new. Only 352's, but i will keep my eyes open.

Latest posts

Back