Shindaiwa 757 Pro or Husky 567 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja1724

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What the general consensus here? A Shindaiwa 757 Pro for $600 or a Husky 576 XP for $750. The power specs seem to be very similar. I've had good luck with my 488pro and 680pro Shinnys but I don't think they're quite the saw a Husky is. Is the 576XP worth the extra $150?

Huskys are a great saw, as are many others. I went with Husky because of the local dealer. Local Stihl dealer was not "user friendly".

I'd like to help you out but I don't have enough time on the 757's to give an informed opinion. It would probably do good as a fire wood saw but I haven't heard any glowing reports from the professional loggers on these, actually more like no reports at all.
Should be plenty of Husky guys along to help you shortly.

Another thing to consider is what you feel about the quality of the actual dealers because that can make a big difference in the quality of the purchase.

Shouldn't the fact that Shindaiwa is getting out of the saw biz be an important consideration? (A shame, cause their saws are pretty good.)

My nieghbor has a 757 and together we cut 60 full cord of firewood this Spring and I can say that it is a great firewood saw. The one problem he has had with his is that it likes to vibrate the muffler bolts out and that has caused some issues. I think that I read about someone else on the site that owned one and it would break the muffler brackets. I have never run a Husky 576 but I think that it would be a little more durable. My nieghbor has a crap load of hours on his and that may be part of the issue. I think you should buy the one that you can afford, either one should do a great job.:clap:

Spike60 makes a telling point: parts will be available for the Husky long after all parts sources dry up for the Shindaiwa.

I know mdavlee has a 576 ported and its smooth as silk. He has it in the trading post. You should take a look at it.

Shouldn't the fact that Shindaiwa is getting out of the saw biz be an important consideration? (A shame, cause their saws are pretty good.)
I know this is an old post, BUT, Shindaiwa is now owned by Echo and seems to support Shindaiwa parts rather well. I just purchased a clutch cover and replacement fuel lines online and reeived them just three days later. Parts Tree is the go-to. http://www.partstree.com/parts/shindaiwa/saws-chainsaw/757-shindaiwa-chainsaw/cylinder/ The upper end you search for may be here...At a price, however...

I know this is an old post, BUT, Shindaiwa is now owned by Echo and seems to support Shindaiwa parts rather well. I just purchased a clutch cover and replacement fuel lines online and reeived them just three days later. Parts Tree is the go-to. http://www.partstree.com/parts/shindaiwa/saws-chainsaw/757-shindaiwa-chainsaw/cylinder/ The upper end you search for may be here...At a price, however...

Another good reason to avoid Shindaiwa, to avoid having anything to do with Echo - but I'm not so sure that Echo owns Shindaiwa, it is more like the same company owns both brands, and sort of has merged them. Then it is about which brand is represented in which market, regarding parts supply.

Well, they are both Japanese entities.. My only point is that there are still parts a plenty either at parts tree or lawn mower pros.
My 757 will continue to run right along with my Sthils, Huskeys and others as a result. Not a big Echo guy, but they have a history worth noting. The 757 is now likely a collector saw and, if I can find the parts I need-I'm a happy cramper!

Well, they are both Japanese entities.. My only point is that there are still parts a plenty either at parts tree or lawn mower pros.
My 757 will continue to run right along with my Sthils, Huskeys and others as a result. Not a big Echo guy, but they have a history worth noting. The 757 is now likely a collector saw and, if I can find the parts I need-I'm a happy cramper!
Actually, Yamabiko Corp owns Echo and Shindaiwa... My First experience with Chainsaws was long ago with the CS-302 that my father bought. It ran right along the Mac 10 that my neighbor ran... Well,the mac was a tad quicker through the pine, but that little Echo kicked tail good enough!

Latest posts

Back