Shindaiwa Lineup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air Filters

The 360 seems to collect all kinds of debris. I put a prefilter on it but a lot of stuff gets to the filter. More so than any other saw I've ran.

Personally I didn't think the original filter on the 488 was that bad but the HD filter should be better and the saw runs great with it. I've got the regular filter on my other 488 but ran out of room for the picture.

I just got the 577 so the jury is still out on that one.

The 757 came with the HD set up but doesn't seem to collect much anyway.

I don't cut much when its dry so this probably helps a lot.

The 360 seems to collect all kinds of debris. I put a prefilter on it but a lot of stuff gets to the filter. More so than any other saw I've ran.

Personally I didn't think the original filter on the 488 was that bad but the HD filter should be better and the saw runs great with it. I've got the regular filter on my other 488 but ran out of room for the picture.

I just got the 577 so the jury is still out on that one.

The 757 came with the HD set up but doesn't seem to collect much anyway.

I don't cut much when its dry so this probably helps a lot.

It's the mesh filter on the 360? There's a flocked filter available for it, too.

Last edited:
Everything a man needs for cutting from twigs to timber.

attachment.php

Nice pic, Rich! Had a chance to run a 446 yet? I really want to get my hands on one of those.

Shindaiwa cost

Paid under $100 for the 360 and 488. $155 for the 577. The 757 was a bit steep at $500, but I really wanted one so I bit the bullet and did it.

I haven't had a chance to see any of the new saws. Actually would be nice to hear from somebody that has run one.

would love to get my hands on a shindaiwa, but they are more $$ than stihl around here:dizzy: :dizzy:

I've got more than I could wear out in a lifetime...PM me if you are really interested.

Paid under $100 for the 360 and 488. $155 for the 577. The 757 was a bit steep at $500, but I really wanted one so I bit the bullet and did it.

$500 for a like new 757 with wrap handle and a long bar is a good price! You stole the other saws!!! I guess patience pays off.

Me too...I'd like to know where's he's finding those things!

-=[ Grant ]=-

E-bay and craigslist

E-bay has been very good to me.

Picked up the 757 off of craigslist and the guy even delivered it from 100 miles away. Said he bought it with the idea of doing some cutting on his land but hired it done instead. Said he ran it for about 20 minutes just to see what it would do. Didn't have a scratch on it.

Latest posts

Back