shindawa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned coed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i,ve been offered a shindawa 450 AV model through a friend. i don,t know anything about them. what kinda of money should i be looking to pay and are parts freely available for them. any advice thankyou, regards, Ned.

Shindaiwa

In order to get parts, you will probably have to go through a dealer. I've got Shindaiwa equipment and have never had a problem getting parts from the local dealers even though some of it is over 20 years old. The Shindaiwa brand seems to be put together well. The only failure I've had so far is my old 500 saw developed a crack in the crankcase, probably when I dropped it. I bought that saw used for $100 and got 20 years of good hard use out of it so I can't complain. It was running fine up to that point.
I bought a nearly new 488 for $202 and shipping last year and this afternoon I took delivery on a used 360 saw I bought for $125 and shipping.
I believe the saw you are looking at is an older model, but if it runs well and has a decent bar and chain I wouldn't be afraid to go $150-200 for it.
You are always taking a chance when buying used.

ned coed said:
i,ve been offered a shindawa 450 AV model through a friend. i don,t know anything about them. what kinda of money should i be looking to pay and are parts freely available for them. any advice thankyou, regards, Ned.

Don't know much about them but I can say the ones I have had my hands on seem to be well made and run real nice. As for parts easy thing to do about that is just check your phone book and make sure there's a Shindawa dealer in your area. If your nearest dealer is 50 miles away you may want to re-consider. If you got one nearby I'd say ya in business. I've personally haven't seen anything or heard of anything wrong with their products at all. In fact I was kinda impressed with the ones I got a chance to mess with.

shindiwa

alderman and thall10326, thanks for your comments guys. from what you both say they sound like well engineered saws, will prob. go ahead with purchase. thanks again, regards, Ned.

Latest posts

Back