Shoe help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacky

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to opinions on types of shoes for combination of FL and spurs. I want to avoid logger boots and am really looking for a hiking type of boot. Anyone have any pros and or cons.

Chris

Check out the follow brands of hiking/ mountaineering boots. I and many others use them all day for all jobs.
Asolo, La Sportiva, Scarpa, Garmount

Try to get a pair on sale at sierra trading post cause they can be pretty pricey.

If you are looking at hiking boots, I would also suggest you check out Vasque and Lowa.

I don't know about fitment of FL and spurs, but I really like the all day comfort of the Lowa boots. They are my new favorites.

I fully agree with Climb020.
These particular manufacturers offers boots with stiffer soles to increase your endurance/comfort in the spur. Try checking out some of their heavier backpacking or mountaineering boots. But, like climb020 said ... $$$$$.

The pair of scarpas I have now have a B-1 rating on the sole. They work pretty good. I have tried a B-2 and B-3 but I felt like they were a little too stiff. But I guess after being broken in they might be alright. gonna have to try it out on my next pair.

Back