Show me your firewood storage/shed/rack......please :-)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built this 16x8 lean-to onto the back of my shed. I need to add a ridgevent and some holes in the sides for more ventilation though.

Slightly off topic... what do ya'll use to keep the roaches and critters out? I'm a bit fanatic in my battle against six-leggers and have a small chemical-warfare storehouse in the garage, but don't want to kill any more braincells by burning the wrong stuff in the fireplace.

Old thread, but now that I learned how to post pics, I had to include. The large shed holds 6-7 full cord, the two smaller ones, about 4-5 full cord combined (2 years supply).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing

This is my 4'x12' firewood storage shed. My goal was to build a clean looking shed raised off the ground to keep snow, morning dew and bugs from getting at the wood. I'm lucky to live in a city that allows 36" fire rings!

Many thanks to others who shared pics...gave me ideas to create this one. My Dad is a P.E. and engineered the floor as 2x6 joists/beams topped with a glued/screwed 2x4 for an I-Beam type construction. This adds a lot of strength, 33% above what's needed when fully loaded with wet wood weighing 5,997#. FYI the center posts take the brunt of the weight, about 66%, so be sure to put 2 cross beams there.

View attachment 302761View attachment 302762

24' x 40' 3 sided and open to the south. Used to park my loader tractor in it but kinda ran out of room...:dizzy:
If I were to build my ultimate wood area/tractor storage/garage/man cave it would be very similar to Hedgerow's. I've seen some of his other pics showing the garage adjacent the wood shed with the large pad covering the area in front of both, near perfect.

Here's my wood storage area which is protected by an overhang of the barn. It has good ventilation, plus it's covered from rain/snow. I've currently got approximately 9 cords stacked in here (picture was taken when about 7 cords were stacked):

I've shown this wood shed before but here goes again. Built it ths fall. Its 14' x 32' with a 2 1/2 overhang. To the top of the opening in the front is 8' high. 4 x 4 treated posts are 8' on center with 2 x 10 double headers. 2 x 6 16" on center 1/2" osb and a shingle roof. I used T-1-11 for the siding. I stack the wood on pallets to keep it ff the ground. Total cost to build @ 2k. My only regret is i wish i would have made it bigger, but it will be eeasy and probably eventual that i will make it wider in the future. Maybe add another 16'.IMG_20131221_084458_295.jpg

Back