Showed Up on the Porch Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

This black cylinder gives this 044 an "evil" look! Very nice indeed Sprint :clap:

Last edited:
Good work there... you made some good choices, I think.

Thanks man. Once I get all the minor odds and ends fixed on this saw I'll try to post a video of how it does. Knowing me, it will take me 3 months to post a video, took me a month to figure out how to post pics. Sorry, I'm kinda dumb like that. This 044 has been fun, now to find that BIG PIONEER project.

:dizzy:

Put her clothes back on.

A little more fine tuning, I'll put a twenty on her and go play saturday. She how she stands up to the MS-440 and MS-441.

Pretty side.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ugly side.

attachment.php

Really ugly side.
attachment.php

Money shot.

attachment.php

Nice little project, some more odds and ends to clean up. I will post a parts list later.

:givebeer:

Hey Sprint, I'm in the market for one of those free 044s...or I would gladly trade rep for it...you know that stuff Fish says is worthless...lol :cheers:

Hey Randy,

Next free one I get I'll send ya a PM. REPS ain't that important to me. I value what a member has to say rather than how many blobs and dots are under their name.

Thanks,

:cheers:

Finally had a chance to play with her in some wood yesterday. Nice saw, I think she will be better after a couple of tanks have been burned through it.

The following is the list of parts that were used during this repair.

NWP Big Bore Kit.
1128-182-1500, Throttle Rod.
1128-123-7502, Grommet.
9512-933-2380, Needle Cage
1128-007-1000, .375, 7 044
0000-967-2035, Name Plate
1128-190-3400, Elastostart Assembly
1110-400-7005, Spark Plug

All in all not bad for a free 044.

Now if I can just fix all the air leaks in this crappy wore out MS-210 that's on the bench.

:cheers:

Yep, I'm waiting on that P60 or 655 or 084 to port. Nothing like holding a six foot rattlesnake in your hands. Then again I know where a Homelite 750 is, hmmmmm, maybe the next project.

Jerry

:greenchainsaw:

Good work Sprintcar! I like the looks of the black cylinder as well.

Way to bring a legend back to life!

Thanks for sharing.

I have to agree that black cylinder really makes it stand out. That saw should fly with a 20" bar on it. What's wrong with the 021? Crank seals bad? Must have it good with the dealer to giving you free saws... send some of those freebies up this way.

It always feels good to me to fix something that someone else has given up on, glad it's in the wood again. I've been working on an Echo that's driving me nuts, I may end up with a different carb on it yet, I just hate giving up on anything...

I have to agree that black cylinder really makes it stand out. That saw should fly with a 20" bar on it. What's wrong with the 021? Crank seals bad? Must have it good with the dealer to giving you free saws... send some of those freebies up this way.

021 crank seals, carb, clutch, guy working on it, all of em have issues. Something to do, keeps me out of the wifes hair, beats watching crappy TV anymore. I found that with a little respect with dealers and tree service business, refer some business there way, show them respect for what they do, goes a long way. Maybe I was raised right, at least I hope I was.
I was at an open house on Saturday at my dealer, lots of folks looking at mowers and saws, guy looking at an MS-250, I walked up and 10 minutes later he's buying a MS-290. Owner of the joint just shakes his head, mumbles somethin bout putting me on the payrole. Now if I can just get the boys in Virginia Beach to slide some comission my way, naaw, ain't gonna happen.

021 crank seals, carb, clutch, guy working on it, all of em have issues. Something to do, keeps me out of the wifes hair, beats watching crappy TV anymore. I found that with a little respect with dealers and tree service business, refer some business there way, show them respect for what they do, goes a long way. Maybe I was raised right, at least I hope I was.
I was at an open house on Saturday at my dealer, lots of folks looking at mowers and saws, guy looking at an MS-250, I walked up and 10 minutes later he's buying a MS-290. Owner of the joint just shakes his head, mumbles somethin bout putting me on the payrole. Now if I can just get the boys in Virginia Beach to slide some comission my way, naaw, ain't gonna happen.

Showing some respect goes a long, long way...now if I could teach that to some of my nephews...

I try to stop by my dealer at least once a week. Sometimes just to say hi but others for parts. They have not offered a free saw but they do sell me ''project saws'' cheap.. $10-$15. I think every one of the 210's I have touched have had bad seals on them.
I take my kids out to the shop with me so mamma can get a break so it's a win win for both of us.

I try to stop by my dealer at least once a week. Sometimes just to say hi but others for parts. They have not offered a free saw but they do sell me ''project saws'' cheap.. $10-$15. I think every one of the 210's I have touched have had bad seals on them.
I take my kids out to the shop with me so mamma can get a break so it's a win win for both of us.

I stop by the dealer most weeks about two or three times. Several years ago I bought the entire joint pizza one day for lunch. I consider all the guys that work there to be friends. On the day of the open house I bought two dozen donuts for the shop and to share with customers. Not that cheap crap either, them there good ones with frosting, sprinkles, nuts and such. If one of those guys needed to borrow something I own, not a problem, and I feel that is the same way with them. If I need something, all I need to do is ask. It's called respect and friendship, something thats lacking in our current society. Oops, this joint spose to be bout saws. Sorry for the rant.

:angrysoapbox:

Latest posts

Back