Showed Up on the Porch Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without a video, it didn't happen. Sorry, forum policy:greenchainsaw:

Pardon me Bradley, but like where is that written. I plan to post a video of this saw, didn't have time last night. I value what an member says, rather than the number of blobs amd dots under their name.

Thanks,

Jerry

Final Entries Odds and Ends

One of the odds and ends that I wanted to fix on this 044 was the lower muffler bosses had been stripped long ago and heli-coiled. The bosses were so wallowed out there was no way to insert new heli-coils so I tried a different route.

These inserts are used on the Stihl TS-400 series cut off saws to hold the air filter in place. They use the same M5 screw that holds the 044 muffler outer cover in place.

attachment.php

I used JB Weld after cleaning the bosses of all the crud that had built up over the years.

attachment.php

These screws are the same metric M5 as used on the lower muffler bolts. Mixed up the weld and packed the bosses with the head side and after a little bit used the threaded side to open the JB Weld to place the inserts.
Placed the inserts and allowed to cure for a couple days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

More to follow.

More Odds and Ends

Final assembly was pretty easy, ended up using some of the shorter M5 screws in the lower outer muffler attachments.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The other 20 inch bar I had looked so bad I went and bought a new one.

More to follow.

attachment.php

Without a video, it didn't happen. Sorry, forum policy:greenchainsaw:

Lol, Hey Brad...I ain't got a video camera...never needed one until I meet you cats...maybe we can get Obama to start a fund...:cheers:

Hey Sprint, that's a first rate repair job on those muffler bosses...smart...

Piston and Stuff

This is the piston that was removed from this saw. The cylinder didn't look that bad. B200Driver should have it by tomorrow for a project he is working on. He also got an 066 cylinder to practice on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

More new stuff. Sucked the lungs right out of a Ben Franklin.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Final Pics coming up.

Final Pictures

Final product. Yeah Brad, I still owe you a video, I'll get to it hopefully one day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread has been alot of fun. Learned some things along the way. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Not bad for a free saw.

:givebeer:

Are you gonna keep those tiny bucking dawgs on there? I think any saw that runs a bar over 18" should have atleast 1" of spike, makes life so much easier. Looks very nice though, i picked up a 440 on the rack at the dealer the other day just because i was waiting, bad idea, now i want one.

Dogs

Yeah, I've got one around here somewhere. I think I'm gonna pull the set off the 441 and have them duplicated. All the rest of my over 70cc saws have the bigger dogs.

Maybe I'll make a set like this.

attachment.php

:dizzy:

Sucked the lungs right out of a Ben Franklin.

attachment.php

That's why this bar would look better in my 460 than in an old 044! :hmm3grin2orange:

Very nice repair Sprint. That 044 looks very nice indeed. But you know the rules, without a video, it never happened ! :greenchainsaw:

WOW That's 3 freebies in a couple of weeks..... Some people got the luck.

How's the 023 coming along??

The 021/MS210 clone got donated to my friends at the dealer. One of his good customers, an older gentleman has an MS210 that got the handles broken so I donated that saw. It had alot of issues, bearings, seals and other stuff. Hopefully one good deed will turn into another. I need to find some odd, not seen very much, I know, a McCulloch 101, drive that guy over east of the river nuts. Better than that maybe an 8500 Poulan. This thread has been alot of fun.

:cheers:

The 021/Ms210 I donated didn't have any breaks on it anywhere, the dealers customer saw was broken behind the trigger and hand guard.

Latest posts

Back