Skid Steer Tracks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreeCo said:
Nice looking setup DDM.

Do you leave those tracks on all the time? I have a 1990 Bobcat 7753 I bought new with 750 hours. I sure could use tracks, it gets stuck in the wet Georgia clay real easy.

I remember reading that Bobcat suggest taking the chain drive off of one wheel on each side to keep the tires from fighting themselves. Is that still true do you know?

Dan

Dan, the Dealer had installed the tracks and no they didnt remove a chain If there properly installed as for as tension they wont damage the machine.I Only put them on when Im on a job that Ground damage is not a factor.
Because they can be a little rough on the tires.I Know a guy that has an 863 Bobcat that has never ran his machine without the steel tracks and his machine is 6 yrs old.
I Had a t-190 Rubber track machine for about 2 months but at 1700.00 per track and having to run it on Asphalt wasnt a good move. LOL All this Rain i wished i had kept it!

1) How much do the tracks cost? Hmmmmm The loegering Tracks/Spacers for mine were 2700.00 But mine has Larger tires than yours. PLus i dont think you will need spacers my 763 didnt. A good set of loegering tracks used for a 753 should be around 1200.00

2) How long do they take to put on? First time 45 min 2nd time 30 min Now 20 min.
If you buy used make sure you get the installation strap.

3) How long do they take to take off? Depending on how much mud you have to clean off the bolts first 10 min. Sometimes I'll just take them off/on on the trailer and park the machine on them.

4) How much difference do they make? Turns mine into a Small Dozer i can push over 12" Diam Pine trees with ease. And walk thru Mud. When I would run them on the 763
i could work in Wet loose dirt no problem. You do need good tires too get a bite on the tracks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50908&item=7500984252&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50908&item=7500131805&rd=1

These are REal Deals compared to Bobcats Pricing But mine appear heavier

tnttreeman said:
Thought about getting a set of those for my skidsteer, though from a different company(EelRiverSteelworks). They are so much cheaper than a factory set. Just wondered how they would hold up. I wouldn't be using them that often. Only in the real mucky stuff.

The eelriver ones are what I had.The problem was when turning on a slope they would twist off the wheel. I had to do some welding on the installation tool too make it functional. They take about 4 hrs to install the first time and you had better have a set or torches.

Heres a Nifty attachment makes pulling a tree out of a pond easy Plus it has a receiver hitch on it.
http://arborist.************/attachment_16949.php

I've got the Eel River Steel tracks on my Bobcat 863. They are durable I've been running the same set for 3 years, almost 1800 hours on the meter. Still running the same tires I started with (may have to replace them this year).
I do have a problem on side hill work, but you soon learn to see the roll off before it's too late. You can turn straight up, or down hill and in a few feet they will roll themselves back on. If ground disturbance is a concerne, don't use them. :blob2:

redprospector said:
I've got the Eel River Steel tracks on my Bobcat 863. They are durable I've been running the same set for 3 years, almost 1800 hours on the meter. Still running the same tires I started with (may have to replace them this year).
I do have a problem on side hill work, but you soon learn to see the roll off before it's too late. You can turn straight up, or down hill and in a few feet they will roll themselves back on. If ground disturbance is a concerne, don't use them. :blob2:

THe roll off is what i was refering too. I never had one completly de rail but the times it tried to i was in an awkward position and it caused me grief. Ive never had a problem with the loegering tracks.

Since TreeCo Deleted his Posts This thread Really makes no sense now.

DDM said:
The eelriver ones are what I had.The problem was when turning on a slope they would twist off the wheel. I had to do some welding on the installation tool too make it functional. They take about 4 hrs to install the first time and you had better have a set or torches.

What was the first time installation problem? Didn't fit right?

tnttreeman said:
What was the first time installation problem? Didn't fit right?

If i remember its been 2 yrs ago cutting them to fit getting them stretched and readjusting them.

I'll be trying something different when I get the Eel Rivers worn out. My side chains are starting to wear pretty good, but they have stood up a long time.
Loegering sent me a post card the other day, go to their website and check out the video for their versatile track system (VTS). :blob2:

Latest posts

Back