Skid Steer Tracks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Edwards

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in the need for some tracks on my skidsteer. I am looking at the low cost logchain models up to the pro trac steel rubber combined models. I know everything has its use and place, i think im just asking for input from any1 who has tracks rubber or steel. I'd like to ask for the good and bad, steel tracks being hard on pavement obviously, but im sure theres things i havent thought of. The machine i have is 50 hp John Deere older model same as a New Holland Ls170. Thanks guys

Last edited:
I've been using over the tire tracks on my Bobcat for about 4 years now.
It all depends on what you are doing. I used chain type tracks (Eel Tracks) up untill this year. The biggest problem with the chain tracks is that they will roll off the tire if you get in a side hill situation. If you are on fairly flat ground they add a ton of traction, and in my opinion are the biggest bang for the buck.
I recently went to a pin & link style track, and I have no problem with them rolling off on a side hill. The style I bought dosen't get quite as much traction as the Eel tracks, but there are several styles of tread that I'm sure would up the traction.
If you watch how you turn the tracks aren't any harder on pavement than a set of tire chains. But if you turn sharp you will dig a hole.

Andy

I just ordered the protrac rubber steel combo track i'll post how it works since none of you seem to have ever used tracks on a skidsteer. Thanks for reply Redprospecter.

Latest posts

Back