Sledrat's Greasey Lil Chainsaw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OLD PIONEER 450 OILER QUICK FIX

Ya the oiler is operational again,,When i got the saw i Cleaned out the oil tank i think the oil primer was dryed out.. would press on it over and over with no oil... Cleaned out bar oil passages and block passages.. Still nothing ,.,,

Anyways the answer was sitting on my bench a small lil shot of compressed air to get the oil moving,,

UP and oiling again like a champ!\

Probley if i didnt have compressed air filling it up with oil and leaving it in the hot sun would have worked to eventually lol ha.. well maybe :p
\

[video=youtube;EBJoDJgDoCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBJoDJgDoCM[/video]

enjoy

anywaYS folkz its Time to fly FLOCKERZ!!!ha

I HAVE STARTED werkin on a antique rear motor moped
and i need PARTS!!!
barn find
HONDA P50

THE BATTLE NEVER ENDS

LATER... sledrat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4oqtGzOcA

Last edited:
ha ya WELL WQULD LIKE TO BUT I cant not allowed only allowed chainsaw stuff in this thread WHICh IS OK WITH ME or it gets booted outta here!

ANYHOW i Got the P50 ripped apart IT TOO , It was seIzed up good missing carb and coil
its gonna be a tuff one...the tiny lil valves look terrible stuck open rusted really bad..

but you know im GETTING REAlly hooked on old hondas dam well built machines
a pleasure to work on..BUILT TO LAST!!If the guy who last wrenched on it would have never left the plug outta of it and the carb open in the elements for years it would be still running or a lil easier to get back running but then again i guess i wouldnt have gotten it either,,,,, OH well thats how it goes TIME TO GET GREASEY!!!!

Last edited:
SledRat...when you get the pictures of the Honda you're more than welcome to post them in Reader's Rides.

ya ok thanks but i really hate my stuff all over the place like it all in one spot so i can find it :)
almost hate it as bad a motor left ripped apart all over the place

why not just put it back to gether so you dont lose stuff guess im getting old...

If i can even find readers rides yikes pardon my ignorance a lot of irons in the fire!

[video=youtube;UJbG7256ZLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJbG7256ZLY[/video]

Last edited:
Ha dont worry about FOLKZ got the link thanks will post in there when i get a chance..

DONT GET UR SELF SENT TO BAND CAMP it AINT FUN IN THERE I KNOW TRUST ME

HA!@

---

ANYHOW i Got the P50 ripped apart IT TOO , It was seIzed up good missing carb and coil
its gonna be a tuff one...the tiny lil valves look terrible stuck open rusted really bad..

---

Sledrat, I know it's tough and all, but if you go here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/70698.htm Some of the Pioneer guys have had aftermarket reeds made for the P series saws, for a pretty reasonable price. Won't hurt to ask, maybe there's someone with an extra set floating around.

BTW, nice trick using air pressure to prime the oiler on the 450. It's been filed in the back of my noggin for possible future use.

Hey thanks good advise ok ,,

i got a question for all the old MAC Nutts collectors here!

I found a interesting old vINTAGE Mcculloch metal sign WHILE surfing on ebay

it says Mcculloch Pintail Chain saws what does this mean? Is this a rare sign?

heres the ad i know the sign is high in price and all but hell
Where ya gonna find another sign like thaT!
IMSERIOUSLY THINKIN OF MAKING A OFFER..
OR AM I crazy??
HERE CHECK OUT THE AD FER YOURSELVES ,

Vintage McCulloch Chainsaw Metal Advertising Sign Pintail Free Shipping USA | eBay

THANKS SLEDRAT

Hey thanks good advise ok ,,

i got a question for all the old MAC Nutts collectors here!

I found a interesting old vINTAGE Mcculloch metal sign WHILE surfing on ebay

it says Mcculloch Pintail Chain saws what does this mean? Is this a rare sign?

heres the ad i know the sign is high in price and all but hell
Where ya gonna find another sign like thaT!
IMSERIOUSLY THINKIN OF MAKING A OFFER..
OR AM I crazy??
HERE CHECK OUT THE AD FER YOURSELVES ,

Vintage McCulloch Chainsaw Metal Advertising Sign Pintail Free Shipping USA | eBay

THANKS SLEDRAT

If you zoom in on the pics you can barely make out "Pintail Saw Chain" on the bottom line. That part of the sign (which I think is badass btw) looks to be plain white unless you zoom in.

ya i wonder what that means anyone?

Here is a pic that another member posted of some well worn pintail chain on a Mac saw. It has a protrusion (the pintail) on the back of each cutter. I'm not sure if it served any purpose or was just a marketing gimmick.
As for the sign, sometimes certain old signs do bring some stupid high prices, but I think that guy is just fishing for a sucker.
Jim
pintailchain_zps4b1d1b74.jpg

Right on thanks for the info ya your right i seen a few signs bring crazy cash thats forsure..
Its way to rich for my blood thats forsure!
but again its neat old sign i know i will never get it..
But oh well its nice to dream

Last edited:
Hey Sleddy, did you look through the seller's other items? I figured the Arctic Cat belt buckle might catch your eye. I thought the 7Up cooler was cool, till I saw his price...YIKES!

yup i seen the Kitty buckle but i got one already :)
if he gets 39.99 for his buckle i will try and sell mine for 50 one day ha
Looked at the 7UP cooler it is by far the best 7up cooler on ebay so i guess
he can demand a high price ,,
I dont know i just like the Old CHAIN SAW SIGN ,,
Im Waiting on cash did a motor job on a guys old 1965 kawasaki motorcycle got her up and popping again..So have to wait before throwing cash around like a fool...

yup i seen the Kitty buckle but i got one already :)
if he gets 39.99 for his buckle i will try and sell mine for 50 one day ha
Looked at the 7UP cooler it is by far the best 7up cooler on ebay so i guess
he can demand a high price ,,
I dont know i just like the Old CHAIN SAW SIGN ,,
Im Waiting on cash did a motor job on a guys old 1965 kawasaki motorcycle got her up and popping again..So have to wait before throwing cash around like a fool...

pics of the kawi?

ya got a few but cant post em in this thread or they get deleted
rules are rules but will post a wack of chainsaw stuff soon ha!

Latest posts

Back