Sling'rs official professional chain grinding.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sent out a couple of loops of semi skip stihl. I plan on buying 2 more loops 128 driver loops from you also when you send chains back.

Maple done with filed full skip square for you Dave.

4a2ahy7u.jpg

Some guy who looks a lot like I do in my avatar converted JGX to square for me, and it was awesome. Not at all jumpy for full skip

hey Jasha, i been getting 105 stihl loops from some out there for like 28 bucks so thats good price. i may as well get um from you now if your going to keep doing this. soon as its time for chain again i'll order up. would you consider selling files as well? i know that seems like a dumb ? lol, but i file on the job till its wore out or the angles are screwed up.

hey Jasha, i been getting 105 stihl loops from some out there for like 28 bucks so thats good price. i may as well get um from you now if your going to keep doing this. soon as its time for chain again i'll order up. would you consider selling files as well? i know that seems like a dumb ? lol, but i file on the job till its wore out or the angles are screwed up.
I have not looked into files yet. Don't know if I could offer a competitive price without being a dealer. Which in the future could possibly be an option.

Who sells Stihl 105 link chain for $28???

I buy my files from a place in Ohio or Missouri. I'd have to go look but they're Bahco brand an try seem to last better than anything but the bold oberg.
i forget what brand six side i have but its shot. only used it on two chains that are maybe 1/3 gone.

any one got suggestions on square files? double bevel or the small triangle?

i forget what brand six side i have but its shot. only used it on two chains that are maybe 1/3 gone.

any one got suggestions on square files? double bevel or the small triangle?

That is about normal really Mike. Stihl chain will eat them up. Oregon chain will let the files live longer.

sounds like it will take two files to wear out a chain then..........thats about the same as round then........only they cheaper lol.

I never really paid much attention to file life. I know I tried some pferd that didn't make 3 teeth before they chipped real bad on the corners.

That ziggy grinder looks like it has a lot goin on! When I got my razur sharp 2 I was a little overwhelmed compared to the Oregon round grinder.
How long did it take ya to get real good at grinding with it?

That ziggy grinder looks like it has a lot goin on! When I got my razur sharp 2 I was a little overwhelmed compared to the Oregon round grinder.
How long did it take ya to get real good at grinding with it?
It's a complicated machine, but having an idea of what I wanted and lots of experience sped up the process.

Jasha,

Thanks for getting the chains back to me in PA so quickly. Couldn't wait to try one out today and it really can cut. I have 6 more I will be sending your way. Can you do 16" chain for my 261? It is 0.325 pitch, 0.063 (not safety).

Thanks again,
CK

Back