Slot Adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I need a part number for as to mount a Large Stihl mount bar to a 066 with the small mount. I am setting up a 066/088 double ender saw for a upcomming show and my double ender bar is Large stihl both ends.

Rotax

Don't mean to interupt your thread. I always thought you had to have two of the same saws, meaning same power, same RPM, etc. how is that gonna work with two differant sized (power) saws? Sorry, if it sounds stupid, I'm just curious

-Steve

I have done it with 088/084 088/046 and 088/066 Just got to Tach them so they don't fight each other. It actually works quite well and they do haul A$$.

Rotax

Rotax Robert said:
I have done it with 088/084 088/046 and 088/066 Just got to Tach them so they don't fight each other. It actually works quite well and they do haul A$$.

Rotax

Robert time for two V-8 saws .. that I'd like to see...

adapter

Rotax Robert said:
I need a part number for as to mount a Large Stihl mount bar to a 066 with the small mount. I am setting up a 066/088 double ender saw for a upcomming show and my double ender bar is Large stihl both ends.

Although i am no longer with Cannon we sold hundreds of double ended bars each year. They include small springs peices that just slip over the 066 stud to take up the slack. I would suggest going down to the local hardware store and find a short length of piping of the right size. cut 2 rings off the same width as the bar and slide them over your 066 studs. This does work. Oiling isnt ideal because the hole dont line up.....but it does runout of the 066 through the mounting holes.

good luck

Thanks Dan, I have done that in the past as well as using a couple of pieces of keystock also. By the way I drilled the bar so that the oiler lines up for both saws.

Rotax

attachment.php

I believe these are the adapters you are looking for. Two are for the Stihl & two are for Husqvarna.

Rotax let me know if you want them. Just pay the UPS or USPS and they are yours.

Steve

166 said:
attachment.php

I believe these are the adapters you are looking for. Two are for the Stihl & two are for Husqvarna.

Rotax let me know if you want them. Just pay the UPS or USPS and they are yours.

Steve

I have a slightly different form (not coil) but essentially the same thing. You might have problems mating the tail/chain etc if you have a 8 tooth sprocket on the 066, but it will be obvious...

I just use some 1/8" wide sheetmetal wrapped around both studs to take up the extra slop. Mine are prob 25-30 thousands thick just guessing. Like a long figure 8...Bob

Latest posts

Back