Slow Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CSM, manual band mill, swing mills are all slow. They just operate at different levels of slowness. On an interesting note, last night at the farmers market I saw two kids racing grocery carts. I guess it is human nature to see who is fastest…

Let's face facts,unless you are in the business of sawmilling,few people could afford a high production circle mill or huge cnc controlled bandsaw.

Swing mills,commercial portable bandsaws would be about the limit for the average person followed by homebuilt bandsaws and then chainsaw mills.I suppose the bottom end would be a pit saw but likely the only place to find those would be in a museum.

Every so often,I have seen those old tractor powered Foley circle mills but they are few and far between.I've never seen one in action though.

CSM, manual band mill, swing mills are all slow. They just operate at different levels of slowness. On an interesting note, last night at the farmers market I saw two kids racing grocery carts. I guess it is human nature to see who is fastest…

I have no doubt that my CSM is slow, and not interested in racing, just love the fact that I can mill my own wood:laugh:

I have no doubt that my CSM is slow, and not interested in racing, just love the fact that I can mill my own wood:laugh:

AND the fact that my mill hangs on my garage ceiling, have minimal log handling/can mill on site, can mill out of my car, and when I just had the 066, I could brag that I could buck the tree up with the same saw I milled with.

Yes, it's slow, it's dirty, but, it's the wood. Carvinmark is absolutely right.

Mark

AND the fact that my mill hangs on my garage ceiling, have minimal log handling/can mill on site, can mill out of my car, and when I just had the 066, I could brag that I could buck the tree up with the same saw I milled with.

Yes, it's slow, it's dirty, but, it's the wood. Carvinmark is absolutely right.

Mark

And its WORK, but it is fun WORK

CSM's ROCK!!!:rockn: :rock: :greenchainsaw: :chainsawguy:

I don't care what anybody says.

:D :cheers:

Latest posts

Back