• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Small cc stihl for atv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverleavingMT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to start keeping an eye out for a saw that I can leave on my atv when we go riding in the summer. Doesn't need to be pretty and can need some work. Looking for something like a 017 018 or so. Powerhead only

Hey guys, I'm going to start keeping an eye out for a saw that I can leave on my atv when we go riding in the summer. Doesn't need to be pretty and can need some work. Looking for something like a 017 018 or so. Powerhead only
I have a 192t that makes a nice compact quad saw, I've stuffed them in backpacksas well as in the bags on the qyads.. It seems to have a fuel issue as it will run great for a while but once it warms up it starts acting up. I did a trade on it to a buddy as he needed a saw that day.
110 plus shipping with the bar and chain or 100 without plus shipping.
Be back in a bit with a picture.
Brett

Sure thing.
I just sold an almost new ms170 :(.
These would take a bit more cash; 241, 201 rear handle, 200 rear handle.

I've got a 241. She's a sweetheart. I just don't want to have that one bouncing around on the sportsman. Just looking for something a bit more rough around the edges.

I've got a 241. She's a sweetheart. I just don't want to have that one bouncing around on the sportsman. Just looking for something a bit more rough around the edges.
The 241 I have I would let go for $325 plus shipping. It's nicer looking than the 192t.
They are a great little saw. I've been debating wether to sell it or my 2145 red with a ported 346 cylinder which has more power, but is not light enough to give much separation between the 40cc saws and the 59cc saws, not that I mind having it though :).

so how's it going?

:drinkingcoffee:

Not bad, I have a few offers like yours but just can't make a decision. I have not come across anyone with an ms170 or ms180 they are willing to offer up. I'm leaning towards those for there size and weight. This saw is more for novelty then function haha.

I have a 180 and a 170 that's pretty much brand new. (1 tank through it)

Converting the 180 from the tooless adjuster to the standard clutch cover right now. It looks rougher than the 170 but I just put in a brand new OEM carb.

PM me if interested

What about the 009 family of saws? They are cool old school saws.someone has to have one of those hiding somewhere!

not me always thought they were a oddball saw id rather have a top handle but that's just my .2 ;)

What about the 009 family of saws? They are cool old school saws.someone has to have one of those hiding somewhere!
Great older saws, but I buy newer saws primarily. I find them to be much more user friendly. As Johny says I also find them to be a bit odd, but who am I to talk about odd when my favorite little saws are the ms200 rear handle and the ms200 rear handle, talk about odd looking lol. Practically thinking I think you should just buy the saw holder and bring the ms241 along and be done with it, but then again that's not as much fun as buying another saw :D.
20160913_083424.jpg20161114_094128.jpg

Back