Small electric log spliter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a small electric log spliter. Thoughts. Witch ones work well and hold up. I'm looking for a small spliter that I can use in my shop for splitting the odd splits that just need to be split a little smaller then what comes off the big spliter. Most of the ones I see are very slow and from reviews most of the fail or break and don't last.
Any recommendations.

I bought a Troy Built electric splitter about 10 years ago. Within a week it was leaking oil like the Exxon Valdez. They excepted the return but I never replaced it with another electric splitter. I'm looking for one to keep and run in my enclosed shop on those rainy days when it's nasty outside. I'm not looking for one that splits 30'' rounds but one for smaller rounds. I know electric splitters are on the slow side when it comes to cycle times and thats OK. It won't be my primary splitter, just on occasional use small stuff. Thanks

Thinking about getting a small electric log spliter. Thoughts. Witch ones work well and hold up. I'm looking for a small spliter that I can use in my shop for splitting the odd splits that just need to be split a little smaller then what comes off the big spliter. Most of the ones I see are very slow and from reviews most of the fail or break and don't last.
Any recommendations.
I purchased a 4-ton electric splitter about Y2K for $259 from Harbor Freight. It s still working. Think I got my money's worth.

Latest posts

Back