Small partner/jred clones

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
I was just reading about certain j reds and partners being the same models....I have a 525 jred somewhere, (can't find it right now to look at it). What models, if any,are the same as a 525 ?

I'm wondering about my 500 partner and 5000plus, if anything like plastic or handles etc will interchange?

There are parts that will interchange between the Partner, Jonsered 490, 525, and the Poulan Pro 325. such as oil and gas caps, the lower left handle brace on the 325 should be the same as Partner. the rear cover on the air filter on jonsered I think is the same as partner, engine cover on the 325 can possibly be made to work on the Partner. Alot can be made to work but there are still Partner parts out there, so you should not have to adapt.

Not to take away from the OP, but I have a J-red 450. It obviously has some partner influence. Does anyone know what models it would share parts with? I know it needs a muffler and piston at the minimum. I have done a search here and found little nuggets of knowledge but not what I'm looking for. Seems to have the same stroke as a Partner 500/5000......

As, would this piston work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Piston-Kit-fit-...aultDomain_0&hash=item27b57649ca#ht_760wt_905

There's a little confusion here. The Jonsereds that are essentially clones of the Partner 500 and 5000 are the 490 and 590.

The 525 shares virtually nothing with the 490/590, and I don't know if there is a corresponding Partner model to the 525 or not. Modified Mark might step in here and fill in the blanks. :cheers:

There are parts that will interchange between the Partner, Jonsered 490, 525, and the Poulan Pro 325. such as oil and gas caps, the lower left handle brace on the 325 should be the same as Partner. the rear cover on the air filter on jonsered I think is the same as partner, engine cover on the 325 can possibly be made to work on the Partner. Alot can be made to work but there are still Partner parts out there, so you should not have to adapt.

The Jonsered 490 and 590 have there own cover and filter setup, different then the Partners. Your right I think on the engine covers though.

There's a little confusion here. The Jonsereds that are essentially clones of the Partner 500 and 5000 are the 490 and 590.

The 525 shares virtually nothing with the 490/590, and I don't know if there is a corresponding Partner model to the 525 or not. Modified Mark might step in here and fill in the blanks. :cheers:

No Spike I'm not up on the 525, its alot like the 520 is it not? If so then no I don't think anything much will interchange witht the Partners even though you can see the Partner influence with them.

You guys don't forget about the Partner 7700 and the Jonsered 2077, Poulan Pro 475 and such, but thats whole nother can of worms.

Back