Small saw, big tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldn't find the old thread so will try this.

Dropped my wife off in Spokane to catch a flight. Stopped by the wood lot on the way home to measure that tree.

13' 3" circumference which comes to just over 4' diameter. However it it worse than I thought.

When I fought my way around through the brush to the back side I discovered another stem coming off it. That one is around 20" diameter and adds at least 2 ft to the diameter of the main stem. The 13' 3" is measured just above the join of the two and that is right at my shoulder height.

Bottom line. I can do it with my 25" 310 but it will be some awkward cutting way up there. Might have to roll a couple blocks over to stand on while cutting. Only good thing is the slight lean and top weight go where I want it and away from the other stem. Should be able to cut the notch below the stem join, but of course the butt is a bit bigger the further down I go. Should be fun and I figure "take it slow, don't rush the cuts untill near fall time". I will probably worry over it all winter, spring and most of summer until the farmer harvests so I can get in there.

Harry K

Hope the farmer doesn't want it cut flush to the ground.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back