smoke in house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the replies. with your help i think i have this figured out. been working just fine. wish i had a bigger stove but thats a different story.

Man Mr. M. I have now heard it all: hair dryer ignition ! What an operation. You got some frizzies problem ?

Hey, time for a Flue Police check: get that 4' extension on....now. An order. :bang: Then no more frizzies or MAP. Besides M., simple crumpled paper ( Wall Street Journal is good quality :cool2: ) shoved into the pipe and lit ( simple "strike anywhere" wooden match will do ) , WILL get that flue drawing.

BTW: you using your wife's hair dryer ? :angry:

Time to extend the flue......serious.

No, it's my own hair dryer. Use it for my stache. (It's actually a 4-ton furnace blower - about the right size).

What's a frizzie??

The reason I don't want to add the extension is that it would make it very difficult to clean the chimney from the top. I suppose I could do it from the bottom, but then how would I keep my new porch from getting covered in soot??

Back