Smoke POURING out chimney with 1557m inside...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cableguy256

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all.. got another question... I have a 1557M furnace in my basement which I use as my primary heat source... this is my 2nd year with this setup but I'm experiencing a problem this year.... the last few nights I have burnt, and again tonight, I have a TON of thick white smoke just pouring out of the chimney and I can't even open the feed door without dumping all that smoke into my basement.... I currently have it lit and have a good hot fire going but still having this smoke just a chuggin out. I'm just worried one of the neighbors are either gonna complain or call the dang f.d. cause the smokes so heavy as there is NO wind here at all right now.... any idea's what my problem could be?? btw... the wood has only been cut up for about a month now, however the trees were dead when cut up, could they still have too much water content in them?? The wood I'm burning right now is elm...

crrrraaaaaaaappppp!!! I was afraid of that answer.... stupid me, got the fire good and hot with some old small pieces of wood, then loaded up for the night wtih the elm I was talking about. looks like I'll, or rather the neighbors, will have to deal with it at least through tonight until I can bring in the wood I have seasoned since last august. :censored:

Back