Snagged a couple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend dropped off a couple saws. Echo CS-670 and a Deere 66SV, yeah the twin cylinder job. Both appear to need only a little work. Must have been living right.
The Echo CS-670 is a whale of a saw. I pulled a 28" bar with it a week ago. No problems whatsoever:
Echo CS-670 - 1.JPGI made a simple adapter in my shop to handle my Stihl bars. This saw is a keeper in my book. Just make sure the muffler bolts are tight. That's the only servicing to mine that I ever had to do. It will run with a Stihl 046 or 460 any day.

I suck? I'm okay with that this time!

I haven't run the 670 yet but I have it's older cousin the 650EVL in Deere clothing and if the 670 is more of the same, then I'm sure I'm gonna love it. I've seen a lot of complaints about how they don't wind out at Mach 17 or that they're 7 ounces heavier than a Husky or Stihl. Stuff like that doesn't cut much mustard for me. If it's reliable, that's #1 in my book. Doesn't spin up real fast? Heavy? Let me introduce you to my Mac 300 or my Pioneer P50!

Latest posts

Back