Snellerized Saws and the OE 346XP Raffle Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to Rudedog!! This is a special OE saw specially modified to RUN! It amazes me how folks chip in and help each other in times of need.........giving up a saw like that would be hard. What a generous good feller Stihlaficiano is to provide a top shelf piece of trading fodder to help another member and same for Brad who is proud to hit it with the wrenches. We can all be a bit annoying to each other sometimes but when help is needed members jump in from all direction.

I believe you can use a 372 intake clamp on this if you FUBAR the one that comes in the kit.

Joe

Good point.

Many clamps will obviously fit the bill if you happen to have one handy. On the other hand, you could buy several of the NAPA clamps for the price of one 372 ~ 395 clamp..., which cost about as much as the upgrade kit itself. And if carefully trimmed, the flange doesn't need to be replaced, so buying the kit isn't really necessary anyway if one has an alternate clamp solution at hand.

Was the flat area on the intake necessary for the cylinder to seat correctly? If not, you can avoid cutting that part with a different tool geometry.

A smaller sticker would be way more cool, an stuff... ;)
Helz No. If I get lost in the woods I want that S & R Bird to see me from a long ways off. Oh and by the way, it cut great just now in the backyard. Caveat preemptor, I'm not the most saw savvy guy. I use 50:1 Stihl Ultra which is different than Brad but the saw sounded good, idled well and cut well in 8" wood without additional adjustment.

Rudedog thanks for selling this to Chipper1 as I bought it from him! Saw is still like new and man this thing runs! Brad great job on the saw. I still need a new snellerized sticker for it but I'd be happy to put some pics up if anyone is in the market for a practically brand new 346 OE that runs beyond belief with all of Brads mods highlighted in this post. My dog is having heart issues so I need to focus on that right now. Little guy has been there for me through a lot, now he needs me... Send me a PM if interested.

Latest posts

Back