So I have this metal 020AV, and I saw this ad for one on Ebay... WTF?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it worth over $600 with shipping?

• If it had a Husky badge, maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seems to be a craze to try to jack up the price on these vintage heavy metal 30cc TH saws, and claim that are pro saws and like the 020T/200T. Here is a beater for three bills...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-020A...3498?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c4#viTabs_0

I sold one of these in mint condition about 10 years ago for $150. It had the original old style Stihl picco bar on it. Vibrated like hell though. And heavy. And no chain brake. I have an AVP now. I never use it. I should list it on Ebay and see what happens. Mine has the badge on the side though with a near new B&C. "Used only by a professional." Maybe its worth 4 bills? 361 prices for half the saw.

I may sell some highly valuable black walnut trees so I can buy it.
Maybe they will even come and take the trees down for the wood in exchange for the saw?

I burned some black walnut last year here. Not that great for heat. But I see those ads on CL here all the time. Come cut my trees down (near power lines and house, and in 'tree cities' which require impossible to get cutting permits) in exchange for the, "free firewood!" Oooh la la!

No way. it doesn't even have the old logo on the recoil cover.
View attachment 743592

I noticed that too. No original badge on the recoil cover like mine. Maybe I should sell the recoil logo badge as a belt buckle? Or keep it as a belt buckle to wear with my Stihl steel toe shoes? I would look so cool at GTGs!

I have this one sitting on my bench for a guymade in West Germany . It's a professional model. Says so right on the handle.:crazy2:View attachment 743688

My top handle also says, "Professional". Increased value! I guess the P in AVP means Professional. Though you would think that the TH model would be the pro saw. Your back trigger has a throttle lock like mine as well. Keeps that trigger wide open! Oops... OSHA approved?

Yours is actually an AVP, but the tag says AV. Also your badge on the recoil does not come out like mine does. Mine has two screws on either side so it can be removed, like the one that I posted from Fleabay above. For making into belt buckles. I guess you could just drill out the rivets to salvage the emblem though. These were all made in West Germany I believe. Starting in 1972 or so.

Anyone have the PDF service manual for these? I have the IPL, but no SM for this saw. One of the few I do nto have in the entire Stihl line.

My top handle also says, "Professional". Increased value! I guess the P in AVP means Professional. Though you would think that the TH model would be the pro saw. Your back trigger has a throttle lock like mine as well. Keeps that trigger wide open! Oops... OSHA approved?

Yours is actually an AVP, but the tag says AV. Also your badge on the recoil does not come out like mine does. Mine has two screws on either side so it can be removed, like the one that I posted from Fleabay above. For making into belt buckles. I guess you could just drill out the rivets to salvage the emblem though. These were all made in West Germany I believe. Starting in 1972 or so.

Anyone have the PDF service manual for these? I have the IPL, but no SM for this saw. One of the few I do nto have in the entire Stihl line.
Check your Inbox.

Back