so whats the most days you guys worked straight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
right now i have not had a day off since july 6th. i've been working straight through 7 days a week. i think i'll take next sunday off.

In treework, about 7 or 8 years ago when a smallish hurricane came through central florida. I was working for a local municipality and also working for myself on weekends. I think I went 3 weeks straight, then one day off and another two weeks straight.

In my younger days owning my own lawn service, I worked 7 per week all the time. Many times a couple months straight. Not into all that any more, though. No need to prove myself or see how badly I can beat myself up any more.

between golden1 and the depot, i've been working every
day since i got back from new hampshiere june 30th. i'm
booked up w/ my tree work 'til the 3rd week in august:D
gotta love it!!!!!
budroe:cool:

Working on this year's catalog, I an average of 14 hours a day for 25 days in a row. The 2001 catalog was the same average, but I believe I put in 40 days straight. Believe me, I do not even have the slightest delusion that sitting in front of my computer is the same as tree work. But none the less, just being away from home, and unable to have any free time is tough regardless of the work being done.
Still, those real long days produced such fan favorite errors as "Auger But" and "Buc-Puds" (2001 catalog). However, when I make mistakes, there's no possibilty of danger, so just try to not over do it guys and girls.
-Sean

LOL Mike, I think i took a day off O ummmm Hell i cant remember i didnt take July 4th off though or memorial day or Good friday or any Sunday Since Last march i think. I even worked on equipment on christmas. :blob2:

Today was my first day off in 40 days . And my girlfriend was all pissed off that I wanted to sleep all day . Go figure

Back