So which saw will make me able to do this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooo, dont worry about the pool, get yourself a poulan saw cheap on ebay, get your wife to film it as its going to be some interesting footage and go to it!

Write out a will, bookmark this site so she can post the pictures as we do love to see people learning the big thing about arborist.

"They do a dangerous job that only there skills, knowledge and experience allow them to survive."

Go on how hard can it possibly be? The tree wants to fall down, just attack it with a chainsaw! You probably have a 20% chance of pulling it off. And youll save $3400. Its worse odds than vegas but you dont have to put up with elvis impersonators.

You doing the job is good for our industry, you get killed or crippled, it gets on the news and highlights the real and actual danger of working with trees, we get more business and probably have to clean up the tree from ontop of you afterwards.

GO FOR IT!

Men, always overcomplicating simple things.

Girdle it with detonator cord and push GO! Set off a few bottle rockets and no one will be the wiser.

C-

Good thinking, get yourself some 250g detcord, wrap the whole tree (you dont have to have the coils to close to each other) and then when you spark it up you will have a lovely pile of mulch, some of it tree, most of it being your house. How come you cant get anything really fun like det or gelly off ebay?

Det cord! YEEEHHAAAA!

BeaverG, a friend and I investigated det cord for some truly large trees on his farm, but couldn't figure out how to achieve the precision fall placement that experienced timberfellers like us demand. Extra lines on the anti-fall side? Fall side? Wrap the whole trunk so no need to chip later? Dig out under it, wrap the tap root heavily and try to make it the neighbors problem?

TimberMc, no Poulans here, I can acquire a gear fetish as fast as anyone, my sreaming new orange 346XP has already had 4 tanks of gas through it, and I'm confident that once I get it modded to turn 20,000 rpm instead of the modest 14,000 it does now that I will have timber tools equal to a course with D. Dent (re my problem trees, though, I considered having the All Blacks up to try tackling them down, I understand they could use the practice...)

And to those good folks who pointed out all the intelligent reasons I shouldn't try these myself, I was lucky enough to encounter a man with long experience in the business who after seeing that he couldn't get his 50 ton crane close enough said matter-of-factly "have to climb 'em and cut 'em; $500 a tree and $500 if we chip the mess" for which I shook his hand and said "Start as soon as you can."

Cheers

You made a very wise choice but did you have to tell everyone so soon? Some of the ideas were getting very interesting!

Latest posts

Back