solo 650 good or bad.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned coed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i,m thinking of buying a solo 650, i used to own a small 15 inch model some fifteen years ago and it served me well are they still as good and are spares available for them?. regards, Ned.

The 650 is more of a homeowner version but still good quality! The 650 performes pretty good. The 651pro is a real good saw! But expensive!

The Solo 650 is a great saw for the price. I thought the "in bar tensioner" would be junk: but haven't had a lick of trouble out of it. After I opened up the muffler a bit it really screams, just as strong as a 651 for a lot less $.

Not just a sales pitch! Checkout the 636 if you aren't cutting any wood over 16". It has a 16" bar with atleast 3hp some newer models have a larger engine. A freind bought one frome ACE it has a 44cc motor verses the 36cc that was advertised. It was 3.5hp! I haven't had the need for a new saw since I bought the 650, but the 636 is the next one I will buy. I ran my buddy's for a while and was very impressed. If interested check with local stores not on the Ace website.

Latest posts

Back