Solo 650 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman14624

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A small hole has developed in the top of the muffler on my Solo 650. Started shooting hot flecks of plastic on my hand when I was cutting firewood yesterday. A new muffler is hard to find, but can order one for about $65 with tax. My question is if it's worth replacing the muffler or should I buy a new saw from brand that has readily available parts?

^-^-^- One can't beat that price! -^-^-^

Also, why not plug the hole with weld?
If it is rotten on that particular spot strengthen it with a piece of tin sheet.

65$ for a muffler is a lot for any saw in my mind, I'd rather tinker up a custom muffler if I really required one.

If Your Solo 650 is otherwise in running condition just fix, or replace, the muffler.
Be sure to take it off the saw before any attempts to repair it!

Lee, I've attached a photo of the muffler. If you think your muffler would work, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Attachments

• Solo 650 muffler.JPG
    Solo 650 muffler.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 18
Good news. My neighbor, who is handy with a torch, was able to braze a piece of metal on top of the hole. It was touchy because the muffler was so thin, but he got it done. Thanks for the help!

Back