solo, decent or POS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are solo chainsaws decent or junk. I see they are made in Germany which would make me tend to believe they may be good. They look alot like a Dolmar.

They are very good saws, just not that prominent here. In other parts of the world they are right up there with the top dogs. Good luck finding a dealer though....

Nice saws, except the dealer support as posted above is very few and far between.

That being said, I would like to try out a solo 681.

I only had the opportunity to run a couple solo's. Recently a friends 633 climbing saw. And a 603, solo's largest chainsaw at the time back in the late 80's.

Good saws. I have a few. Parts availability is not a problem. Go to the Solousa website and download parts lists. Parts can be ordered on line or over the phone.

Good saws. I have a few. Parts availability is not a problem. Go to the Solousa website and download parts lists. Parts can be ordered on line or over the phone.

I have a 681 and like it alot. Its a very nice saw just not for me. The parts are easy to get at the website.

Saw them in Baileys and thought about buying one just because the price is very reasonable and my wife could use a saw bigger than my 260. How prevalent are Dolmar dealers. I have never even seen a dolmar saw in my neck of the woods.

Doesn't Bailey's stock that saw? Hey by the way is that a Corvair sittin in your garage? Sorry if I am mistaken just a little hard to tell in your avatar.

Latest posts

Back