some advice for a tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi my names bill howe and i do not do trees professionally yet and a friend of mine had me trimming a tree for him on monday.i do know a lot about trees and proper pruning and trimming practices but as i was doing it i found it has a cavity on one side oak wilt and it has heart rot. i told him that it was unsafe for his fence and power lines but it is not near his house.it is a good sized tree for this area eight ft diameter 110 ft canopy spread and seventy five foot tall.i already took the limbs out of the power but he wants it pieced out for fire wood and i have never done somting this big before. any advice would be greatly appreciated.my plan is to tie in with my climb line saftey and spurs. and because it is rotton but alive i will be taking pieces about fire wood length so i dont split it out and cause an accident. :chainsawguy: :newbie: :bang:

I say go ahead with the job.But video tape it from start to finish and either post it,or be sure to have someone post it for you.:laugh:

I say go ahead with the job.But video tape it from start to finish and either post it,or be sure to have someone post it for you.:laugh:

Welcome 2 the site. Tatanka and Nieechepeepee is some of that fancy indian speak Kevin Costner made famous.

thanks for the welcome,

Bill I wonder why you ask for advice when your clearly hell bent on doing something stupid anyway.Please write interesting things for this forum , because what you are going on about becoming sooooo boring! just go and cut the damn tree down.
next topic please:clap:

give em hell polly!lol:clap:

wow

I have just read this thread front to back and im amazed. Im new to the business myself. Not new to climbing or to logging but new to the arborist side. This newguy has me scared for him. I plan on dropping a tree myself this weekend that is if i feel comfortable with it. I have surveyed the tree several times and believe it will go sith ease. Mostly because it is a SMALL tree and has no power lines or houses near. It still has me thinking. There is no way i would even think of attemting a tree like he is talking about. I love life too much. Its not a risk worth taking not in my book.

Ever get that tree down newbie?or you still busy pissing off the stihl guys?:angry: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

i wonder if us not hearing anything from the boy is a sign of how the job went. I know we told him but i hope we weren't right!!

sounds like another sign from the heavens to me!!! Do you think this guy doubts your abilities?

too funny

sorry guys maybe im out of line to post this but i have been reading this thread and others. i came accross this post in another thread and had to repost it here.This is quoted from newguy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyplay
Yes, I agree, as you might have read, the 455 is a "borrowed saw" that my friend has and that I am using temporarily...I am shopping for a one myself!

Thanks for the insight

have you tried baileys yet?

Flood waters coming, told to evacuate, man says, "Don't worry, God will take care of us". Water gets higher, boat comes by, "No", says man, "God will take care of us". Water gets higher, family on the roof, helicopter comes by, "No, God will take care of us". Water over roof, all drowned, gets to the pearly gates, man says "God, why didn't you take care of us like I believed you would?" Answer: "What do you mean? I tried three times, but you wouldn't listen!"

:deadhorse:

Um..yep definetly gonna put a big second on that one..

i like the story...

i dont think it should just be pointed towards new guy...all of us, just a reminder for when get cocky and out of are own abilites....

A very interesting case study for us psychology types is Newguy. Putting on my psycholgists hat I'd say he's a person who is desperate for attention, one who has had little discipline in his younger life and who feels the desperate need to prove himself. Mostly he sounds like a person who doesn't grasp the principal that all actions have consequences, indeed he may have been over protected from lifes consequences thus far.

In this case the consequences are dire no matter what happens. If he succeeds in doing this job then he'll beleive that he really does know it all:( . If he fails then he'll be eating through a straw for the rest of life.

Putting on my very non-PC ex British Royal Marines hat perhaps he should get on up there and then he'll quite likely no longer be contributing to his nations gene pool, surely no bad thing?

Putting on my Woodsmans hat I'd say "phone the asylum and tell them to bring a big net"!

Not sure if someone already said this. Probably did, but have an arborist watch you do it to make sure your doin it right and most importantly SAFELY! Anywho, best of luck to ya and post some pics, if even off a friends comp.

Latest posts

Back