Some milling Saturday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work!

Earplugs I'm guessing?

What are the specs on your saw and mill? I'm interested in running something similar. Nice jig too by the way.

Marty

You guessed right, though I didn't use anything for years, don't know if it is to late to start now. The saw is a Sthil 066 and the mill is home made. I am having a lot of fun doing this.

Nice pictures Imbeachy! Its good to see other people having fun milling with a chainsaw. It kinda lets me know that Im not the only one who is crazy, LOL! My wife asked me the other day why all of my favorite activities are so labor intense. My reply was short in the fact that I didnt really know how to answer her, but in all reality she was right. Glad to see ya having fun!!:chainsaw: :cheers:

Nice pics imbeachy, thanks for posting. Yup this is fun, and addicting. That tractor looks a lot like the 1948 John Deer "A" I drove as a kid on my Grandfathers farm, but hard to tell without some close up pics of it. Is that yours?

It's a 53 John Deere model 40 that my dad purchased new. I was a kid then and thought that tractor would pull most anything. The wood is just loblloy pine.

Cool stuff. Looks like you had fun. I get a kick out of giving a "show and tell" with my stuff as well. Makes you forget about all the work that goes with it for a while.
:cheers:

Nice demo. It is interesting to watch peoples faces light up when they see you mill for the first time. Last weekend my neighbor up to my land brought over one of my Grandfathers friends. This gentleman is in his late 80’s and made a living farming. He was impressed by the mill and lumber. Any time you can impress an old framer you are doing some thing right. I showed your pictures to my neighbor at the house and he is planning on making a mill something like yours. Your demo in DE had an influence in NY. The world is getting very small. Thank you.

I need to build a small log mill to cut up some cedar. That looks like the setup to use. Didn't you post some pics back when you where building that rig. Thanks, you guys look your your having a ball out there.

Small log mill

I need to build a small log mill to cut up some cedar. That looks like the setup to use. Didn't you post some pics back when you where building that rig. Thanks, you guys look your your having a ball out there.

Hi Adrpk Yeah mine is very similar , These setups are great if u have any back problems , Because you are always working at a good height , also height is easily adjusted more or less saw dust to walk on , But Imbeachys design looks pretty good I would like to change the lifting system on mine , I'm looking for something that is simple to build and lifts logs faster , I currently use two 8 tonne hydraulic jacks which are a bit slow , They were cheap and easy to weld to my mill at the time , This site is great for ideas and there's a lot of great people here to . I would also like to get one of those ripsaws one day . I'm not far off of building my own Alaskan type mill , still designing it .

Latest posts

Back