Some saw ramblings...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoeyrd2110

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so i've been hit or miss around here for a while now, well i set up and have been operating my own equipment repair business since may and it's going pretty decent, but now i've figured out how to make some money i can stop on by here more often!

so over the past 2 weeks i've started digging into some serious ash and beach at my gf's uncles about 15 miles up the road. i called a few buddies (one is another local shop owner and extreme orange man) to go cutting. well i came prepared with my 660evl and a 24" which never got run so far. my PP4216av and the MM'd 3800 hanging a 20". we shared between the 3800 a 361 and a 562xp and i thought for sure i had a slouch but man does that saw RUN. it made the 361 run and hide i was in utter shock, and beat the 562 by a second or so through the 18"+ logs but the 562 is a hot knife thru butter up to 14-16". all three saws had 20" 3/8ths. just shocked is all, but happy as well i went in thinking i was gonna get rode all day for my dinosaur but everyone wanted a turn with it....just wish it weighed as much as a 562:frown: i may be done a few seconds quicker but he can lift his arms enough to drive home.

on another note i'm a terrible loser in this battle of the buddies, the 3800 pretty much used as much fuel as both of their saws combined:dizzy:
i can't wait to finish my ported 3700 and see how it compares, maybe i just got a freak 3800? so thats all, you will most definetly see more of me around here...i've been having withdraw:hmm3grin2orange:

oh and i gots me a nice shiny new truck too!
View attachment 308636
you have any idea how much easier it is to haul firewood in this than my S10!

Wow

A nice positive post to read. :dizzy:

No badmouthing, no moaning. Caught me off guard.:msp_tongue:

Congrats on the fun day, and nice new truck!

Yep, them old lime greens are cuttin machines, ain't they?

USA! USA! USA!..

..just sayin....

A nice positive post to read. :dizzy:

No badmouthing, no moaning. Caught me off guard.:msp_tongue:

in my last year of my 24 ive realized its just easier to be positive. no use getting all worked up over brands and such I like saws I just prefer some over others. I may have had a hand filled and dep depth gauge setting chain while the other were off the shelf, but hey that's what my green machine likes hehe. now after that showing my buddy wants his 361 MM'd and so does a buddy with a 450...you catch more bees with honey

i50...you catch more bees with honey

Yeah you can catch more bees with honey . . . until the Direct TV guy tells you that the only way he can hook you up is to drill a hole from the outside of the house into the house. Four boxes require 4 holes in your house. I tried to explain that there is a crawl space between the rooms upstairs and all he has to do is to go into the atic by the pull down ladder and run the wire to where the outlet needs to go. He says that is impossible. So my wife asks howcome there is a cable connection in the wall right where we need his connection to go. He says they put them there when they built the house. He wouldn't leave the equipment for me to install, so I spread a bunch of honey all over his ass at that point. I dont normally act like that, but the guy would not listen to simple logic. He even pissed off my wife.

So its nice to read stories like yours to remind me the glass is half full if I choose to see it that way. I'll be calm right up to opening kickoff of college and pro.

so friday i took the day off and kept staring at these two black walnuts that ruin anything thats parked under them...so they went bye byeView attachment 311806View attachment 311807View attachment 311808

well before i could limb up the second one my GF comes home and wanted to help so we finally went through some saw basics and lessons. and this is what i got. BTW SHE MADE ME TAKE THIS VIDEO AND MADE ME SHOW IT TO YOU GUYS, pretty soon she'll have her own user name:laugh:
[video=youtube;q8uiSy5AxNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8uiSy5AxNo&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Not bad for her first time and shes alot better than me with putting the brake on(i normal don't...i know i know bad habit). now she loves it so much she wants me to get her the full getup visor chaps and all so i guess i'll finally be gettin a set of chaps and some logging boots:clap: i think it was a great way for me to get the go ahead to buy some nice safety gear but i may have created a monster:bang: no tree on these 5 acres is safe now. she's only 5 ft tall so she'll be a perfect grounds crew member after she gets alittle more expirience.

Latest posts

Back