Someone started cutting a tree down for us and hasn't finished the job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND ... the tree is still standing. So what's your point? Know-it-alls like you are endlessly entertaining ... šŸ¤£

Don't have to be a pro to use a little common sense. Do you REALLY think someone would've walked away for that long in today's litigious society if the tree was going to come crashing down on the guy's house??
I assume that the guy who walked away from this has poor judgement (perhaps a drug or alcohol problem), and has nothing to lose in a lawsuit. He already got the money, so he just doesn't care.

I didn't think it very safe or smart to ask op to go there and take pictures.Then I see, "place for homeowners.to ask pros questions" that I did not see before since getting here from new posts button. Glad I kept my trap shut.
Something doesn't seem right with this.

I am assuming the situation has been rectified since the OP has not replied 6 pages in.

It could be that its only been a few days since the thread startedā€¦ real time vs. thread time.šŸ˜‰
Well the OP posted at 2:43PM on Sunday and it is now 2:53PM Wednesday. I realize different folks do things differently but I try to address things in a timely manner especially if it is safety related. To each there own.

AND ... the tree is still standing. So what's your point? Know-it-alls like you are endlessly entertaining ... šŸ¤£

Don't have to be a pro to use a little common sense. Do you REALLY think someone would've walked away for that long in today's litigious society if the tree was going to come crashing down on the guy's house??
I have seen it happen they get afraid and leave!

I would have been as soon as he asked for money first.
I had a guy request $2500 up front on a $5000 roofing job. I paid him as he needed materials. The SOB stripped the roof and left. He came back and took his sweet time but never completely finished all the work. He had balls enough to call wanting the rest of the money. That call did not go well.

Back