Someone who ports/mods Echo chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livemusic

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone experienced at modding Echo saws? Wondering if anything can be done to jack up a 35cc to 60cc saws. Muffler mod only or can they be ported or even more done to them? Not 100% decided on Echo but they sure have some good base prices.

Can anyone recommend someone experienced at modding Echo saws? Wondering if anything can be done to jack up a 35cc to 60cc saws. Muffler mod only or can they be ported or even more done to them? Not 100% decided on Echo but they sure have some good base prices.
Well a muffler modded is tough on echos cause most of them are brazed together. They do perform well with mods. I have a 360tecumseh that is a work horse. And I have found a cat removal and some work on the intake side of top handle saws can wake em up. But they are slow to break inn too.

Well a muffler modded is tough on echos cause most of them are brazed together. They do perform well with mods. I have a 360tecumseh that is a work horse. And I have found a cat removal and some work on the intake side of top handle saws can wake em up. But they are slow to break inn too.
360 T. Auto correct put tecumseh sorry bout that

The drilling of the cylinder screw 35, are the same as the cylinders of 60cc? And the piston stroke is also the same? the crankshaft is the same?
Let us wait for the experts. I've seen videos on youtube, but it was a chain saw with 48mm piston and was replaced by a piston and cylinder 52mm. As it is not much difference of displacement, it has to change.
;)

The drilling of the cylinder screw 35, are the same as the cylinders of 60cc? And the piston stroke is also the same? the crankshaft is the same?;)
He's talking about a range of saws. He hasn't bought one yet and is trying to get an idea of what can be done with the various saws that are available.

Ok, I did not understand what he wanted, I apologize.
I understood that he had a 35cc and wanted to put a cylinder 60cc.
sorry.

I remember both Brad Snelling and Mastermind did echo 600s when they first came out, with real good results. Same family now, 590/600/620. The 620 already has the updated piston and cylinder and ignition system, so that might be a good one to start with, plus, you can get a full wrap kit on those models as well.

The Echo 35cc to 60cc saws all take to muffler mods and porting and really makes them runners.
Best bang for the Buck has got to be the 590 Timberwolf!!! Simple muf mod helps...porting helps more. The 620 is an animal ported and a VERY NICE saw.
All the Echos are over built and impressive inside. The cylinder casting and finish is probable the best out there.
Good saws good warranty.

Sometimes I think echo makes husky owners mad because echo looks better in orange. 455 that's funny

You get what you pay for.
If you want to save a buck buying saws then go buy a Poulan pro 5020av.
I don't see any point in spending $400 plus another $300 to have it modified to perform like a $650 saw. Why not just take the $700, and a few extra bucks and buy a sweet 7910 while they're on clearance. Hell you could even buy a 562xp for that total.

You get what you pay for.
If you want to save a buck buying saws then go buy a Poulan pro 5020av.
I don't see any point in spending $400 plus another $300 to have it modified to perform like a $650 saw. Why not just take the $700, and a few extra bucks and buy a sweet 7910 while they're on clearance. Hell you could even buy a 562xp for that total.

I really think you need to buy a CS590, muff modd and tune it and then report back. You'll have less than $400 in it if you buy it from the right place. Steve

Echo has yet to produce a stand out leader in any class of saw period. However the 590 sub $400 is great value but far from top dog in its class. A pro is still better off spending $700 on the best if they use it to put food on the table and hold the saw in their hands for many hours a day. For a firewood hack, a 590 will impress them, for a faller it will frustrate them and provide no monetary benefit despite costing half the price of the top 60cc saws. If it was any different believe me fallers would be running them, simple as that.

The Echo 35cc to 60cc saws all take to muffler mods and porting and really makes them runners.
Best bang for the Buck has got to be the 590 Timberwolf!!! Simple muf mod helps...porting helps more. The 620 is an animal ported and a VERY NICE saw.
All the Echos are over built and impressive inside. The cylinder casting and finish is probable the best out there.
Good saws good warranty.
Trader! Buy a ported 6100 dolmar and don't look back. Hi Rich! :)

Latest posts

Back