Sounds logical...then I realized he was serious

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesecutter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was behind a guy in his 30's in the checkout line a few minutes ago and he said something that blew my mind. The checker made a comment about being daylight savings time so spring is finally here. This guy says "I hate daylight savings time, it stays light longer during the warmest part of the day so the snow melts faster and my basement gets flooded". I never thought of it that way, i figured the snow was melting because it's 40 degrees, foggy, raining, and it's March.

Only humans are affected by daylight savings time. The sun is not even aware of DST, geez. That guy needs to do some thinking!

A friend of mine once asked that since DST was ending, how would that effect the deer's movement in the evenings? :laugh: I told him I had never shot a deer with a Timex on his hoof.

Ted

Excellent!!
A few years ago I heard a tongue-in-cheek radio skit by a very serious-sounding dairy farmer explaining how he had to retrain the milk cows for a month every time he had to move the clock. I 'bout wet my pants laughing.
BTW, it also affects all wildlife movement and habits, and even the tides and the sun's position in the sky.:hmm3grin2orange:

Excellent!!
A few years ago I heard a tongue-in-cheek radio skit by a very serious-sounding dairy farmer explaining how he had to retrain the milk cows for a month every time he had to move the clock. I 'bout wet my pants laughing.
BTW, it also affects all wildlife movement and habits, and even the tides and the sun's position in the sky.:hmm3grin2orange:

My cousins do the same thing with the cows. They don't change clocks in the barn.

depends on what ratio you run now

I run 44.735643 to 1 in all my saws, after the DST change I think i'll run 38.7896 to 1 because I want to make sure that in the extra hour of daylight that i don't damage my saw.

great.... now we got another oil thread goin.

Stihl Ultra HP 45:1 for DST

Stihl Ultra HP 50:1 for non DST

Oh crap, I was going to start a saw. Guess I'll have to mix up a new batch of gas first.
Thanks for mentioning it, I wouldn't want to ruin my saw.

If I don't change the clock in the shed, do you think I'd be OK?

Oh crap, I was going to start a saw. Guess I'll have to mix up a new batch of gas first.
Thanks for mentioning it, I wouldn't want to ruin my saw.

If I don't change the clock in the shed, do you think I'd be OK?

I went out to split a pile of wood and half way through remembered to change my watch. DST _does_ matter. It took me 3 hours to do what only took me 2 yesterday.

Harry K

That's like saying we'll be saving on firewood, because we only have to heat the house for 23 hours today. Wouldn't today be the shortest day of the year?

That's like saying we'll be saving on firewood, because we only have to heat the house for 23 hours today. Wouldn't today be the shortest day of the year?

I actually think that this change will make me use less wood. Now in the morning with the later hour, the nights load will go later in the day where the sun can provide the rest of the heat. No more smaller morning load.

just for the record it IS Stihl ultra

And it goes great on pancakes and waffles..........................just don't mix with ethanol, don't want a DUI on the way to the woods.

Wait... I'm using Echo powerblend and 92 octane, so do I have to make a quarter turn to my right and mix differently along with the adjusted ratio?

Ummmm which phase of the moon is it as well? I think that has an effect on oil...

The wise indian:

Wise20Indian1_zpsd38fc93b.jpg

Harry K

It's a good thing they have the change happen at night when you are unlikely to be running a saw. Since RPM is revolutions per minute, if you were running the saw when the time changed then suddenly the RPM would go to infinity and the saw would explode!

Sadly, most people seem to go through life confused about so many things, but they don't seem to mind and it never spurs them to actually try to think. I'd say the firewood forum has a lot greater percentage of people who think about things than is typical.

Latest posts

Back