Source for Olathe 172 Cutter Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadkelly2000

Reaction score
I have an Olathe model 172 chipper that uses 12" blades. The problem is that the cutter bar is twisted and warped apparently because the previous owners allowed 2 of the 3 bolts to come loose allowing the cutter bar to rotate up into the blades. I see that I can get new blades from Zenith, but they don't list cutter bars. My blades must have been replaced after the cutter bar problem and they look like new now that I got them back from the sharpeners. I don't think I want to risk running it with the twisted bar because it won't tighten up correctly and the bar to blade tolerance is awful.

If anyone knows of a source for a new cutter bar I would sure like to get it from them. The bar measures 5/8" x 4" x 12" and has three 1/2" x 13tpi threaded bolt holes on 4 3/8" centers centered vertically along the bar. Hope someone can help.

Toad

Olathe 172 Cutter Bar Replacement

David,

Thanks for the welcome.

The Olathe is a Ford 6 cylinder gasoline powered, drum type chipper.

I've looked at the sites you reference as well as others and I will make some calls tomorrow. At this point I think I might be sending the old one to one of the custom grinding outfits I saw that can supply blades and advertize as being able to build other parts. It shouldn't be too bad to make for the right shop. It will be better than me making one out of a dozer cutting blade as I had planned before I found your site.

Thanks for the help.

Toad

Latest posts

Back