South Central US GTG Feeler Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
So @LonestarStihl and I have been talking about how cool it would be to have a get together around here in the Texas and Louisiana area, so we are wondering how many of you from around these parts would be interested? I was thinking the Ark-la-tex region but Okalahoma and Mississippi I feel may be close enough as well.

Anyone interested?

Surely there has got to be more people from this area around? Is there another GTG in the area that is already well established that we are unaware of?

That's really all I'm looking for, and even if we don't end up having a large one at least this will allow us to all get to know others from our area.

If you plan a GTG enough ahead of time and have your core group committed, many other folks will come. For every person who is logged into this site there are at least ten watching the threads.

Lufkin area.

I have a few, but like everything else, I'll get to them someday.
Well that's not very far from either of us, I just wish the lufkin forest festival hasn't been degraded so much, I know they used to have Saw competitions and everything.

Yea, Lumberjack show. The dude would give the audience a choice of what they wanted to see for a grand finale, a pole climb or some axe throwing thing. the audience always chooses the pole climb. The look of dread on his face was painfully obvious. Maybe he could be booked for the GTG

Yea, Lumberjack show. The dude would give the audience a choice of what they wanted to see for a grand finale, a pole climb or some axe throwing thing. the audience always chooses the pole climb. The look of dread on his face was painfully obvious. Maybe he could be booked for the GTG

Now we are talking lol. I've never been to the festival. Is there much good there?

The Lumberjack show was about 20 years ago, surprisingly I have not been back since.

Latest posts

Back