spark arrester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPY036

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got sick of the carbon build up on the screens so I pulled them off everthing a while ago. Real nice gain on my 036. One of my buddies who knows everything went on to tell me how bad this is. I just cant see how running cooler and getting more power is bad. Any thoughts on this?

I pulled most all of mine to.I don't cut very much in the woods unless I'n in a swamp, and that is usually in the winter with lots of snow so I don't worry much about fires from sparks.It made all of mine run better.Just me!
Mark

I know of a guy that had a problem with that. He was close to a hose so it wasn't a big deal. I know I might sound like a weenie, but better to be safe than sorry here. The fine dust that you make when milling (powder when I'm cutting hard locust lately) is a lot more combustible than regular chips. Any time you increase the surface area of the combustible material, you increase the possibility of flash-fire. Think coal mine explosions here. I'm not trying to be overdramatic, but it COULD happen, even if only once in a very great while.

I had mine out then replaced it when I modded the muffler, and heard about a local guy that lit his sawdust on fire. Saw still has a fair amount more than stock. I'm afraid if I remove it, it wont run right b/c of lack of backpressure--I have an older non-EPA 394XP that has a pretty big port to begin with.

Latest posts

Back