Spark plug modification for vac/pressure test?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well maybe you should know I got a Jonsered 2077 as well!

Mine just happens to be a yellow one. ;)

I see you have one of those on E-bay. Sounds like quite a unit, in great shape and pulling some real fine compression numbers. Good luck with the auction.........hmmmmmm...if I needed another saw....... lol!!

Mark! Can you reload the picture for the pressure/vac test hardware? The link earlier seems to be a broken link and nothing there.

Has anybody ever found an adapter for sale? I think I saw the shop talk guy use one In A vid, part of a chainsaw tool kit.

I thread this into the cylinder.
iu

Then i take the cone shaped adapter from the mity vac kit and sleeve it over the end. Fits pressure/vacuum tight, uses the tools i already have, and is super simple.

How do you do a pressure test with your adapter hose?

I take the middle large cone adapter shown here, that came with the kit, and sleeve it over the metal hose fitting thats on the end of the compression tester hose. With the metal hose fitting inside the rubber/plastic cone, the cone is stretching over the outside of the metal fitting snuggly and does not leak the pressure or vac that would be used to test a crank case.

MVA6912.jpg

Back