Spark plug question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Quick question I hope. Does anyone know what millimeter thread is on a husky chainsaw. I’ve wanted to get a leak down tester and want to make sure I get the correct adapter

Thank you

I have the Plews and use the 14mm adapter on my McCulloch. DJ8J plugs. Plews 72-291

Thank you for the reply I didn’t think it would be that big. What type of leak down / pressure tester does everyone recamend for leak checking a saw? The mityvac testers I have seen seem cheap with all their little plastic adapters

That’s one of the ones I was looking at. I just got intimidated by all the adapters Knowing me I’ll loose the only ones I need. I probably have thirty sets of Allen wrenches , and their all missing the same wrenches.

Are you able to adapt the inova adapters to the mityvac easily?
Take the adapter to local hardware store and go to their brass fittings, get a thread to barb adapter the size you need. You can even use plastic adapter as well, we are only talking about 7lbs of pressure max for testing seals. Some teflon tape and put the two together.

That’s one of the ones I was looking at. I just got intimidated by all the adapters Knowing me I’ll loose the only ones I need. I probably have thirty sets of Allen wrenches , and their all missing the same wrenches.
It all comes in a nice plastic box for storing everything so it helps keep all the parts together. Also you can buy just the adapters if you need as well if you broke or lost one of them.

Don't know if you are interested in it or not but here is a good vid on testing seals/gaskets etc.

He also offers a good vid on testing fuel caps/tanks/hoses as well.

Thank you very much for your response. I have a bunch of fittings at home and on the van, but probably not what I would need. I have an air compressor also but I would probably blow the cases apart. I’m kind of a tool junkie anyway

LOL, ya the air compressor is way to much, again we are only talking about 7lbs max on the seals and gaskets. The vid does a really good job of explaining it. Plus a vac/pressure pump allows you to test carbs as well.

As far as being a tool junkie goes I think I can hang in there with the best of them, there are times when it is actually easier to go buy a new one than try to find the old one.

Yeah I’ll check out the vids later today as I have a snow day. I had a pneumatic control job to do a week ago I had to retrofit the new part. Just trying to find a lousy 1/8” pipe x 3/16 barb fitting was a pain. Had to buy 3 fittings to make it work. I used to throw out all these small fittings years ago because they were cheap and readily available. Lately I’ve been saving them

LOL, ya the air compressor is way to much, again we are only talking about 7lbs max on the seals and gaskets. The vid does a really good job of explaining it. Plus a vac/pressure pump allows you to test carbs as well.

As far as being a tool junkie goes I think I can hang in there with the best of them, there are times when it is actually easier to go buy a new one than try to find the old one.
I have the tool monkey on my back bbbbaaaadddd!!!! My wife ready to leave me for chimpanzee. Pic says it allIMG_20171110_152641.jpg IMG_20171110_152641.jpg 0907160834.jpg

I ordered the Mac tool version of the mityvac 8500 ($60 shipped) and the plews adapters (made in USA). Thanks for the tip lostone

Latest posts

Back