Sparkplug adapter for mityvac?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring1898

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a couple of 272's which spike RPM out of the cut and after being held wide open for a bit. Looks like the impulse line is built into the intake boot.

Is there a sparkplug hole adapter that I can get for the mityvac?

Or another way to comp test these types of saws?

Or something along those lines, I'd look it up, there's a thread on here somewhere...

Break out the insulator. It's ceramic and will crack. Snap/grind off , ground electrode.

Get o-ring to replace sealing washer.
Thanks :) Haha you won’t believe this but I’m bashing it with a hammer and the porcelain won’t break ! Will do it in the morning when I don’t have to worry about waking neighbours!

There's an easier way. Grind off the upper shoulder of the metal collar, all the way around the plug, and the insulator will just fall out. The attached picture has an arrow pointed to where you need to grind away.

At the factory, the center electrode and insulator are inserted into the outer collar, then the upper edge is rolled over to crimp and lock in the insulator.

Attachments

• IMG_1218(1).jpg
    IMG_1218(1).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 12
There's an easier way. Grind off the upper shoulder of the metal collar, all the way around the plug, and the insulator will just fall out. The attached picture has an arrow pointed to where you need to grind away.

At the factory, the center electrode and insulator are inserted into the outer collar, then the upper edge is rolled over to crimp and lock in the insulator.
Ooo awesome! I’ll use the dremel :)

I made mine a few years ago and remember being heavy handed with the hammer & a punch I think..But some brands were easier than others. Get barbed fittings that fit your mityvac tube & some JB/epoxy.

Latest posts

Back