Special edition 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacemule

The Peanut Gallery
Reaction score
Anyone see this on the Dolmar site?

"Collector's item: Special limited edition of DOLMAR's PS-7900 RS professional chainsaw.
Lovers of technical rarities will have to hurry if they want to be one of the 300 proud owners worldwide of the DOLMAR PS-7900 RS professional chainsaw.

The renowned Hamburg-based power equipment manufacturer is about to bring out a limited edition of its best-selling professional chainsaw model. Only 300 will be built, distinguished from the standard model by its unique design and performance tuning for optimum power delivery.

The limited edition model is instantly recognizable by the special black trim applied to the area below the air filter cover. The top handle and exhaust are likewise finished entirely in black. The power output of the DOLMAR PS-7900 RS professional chainsaw has been boosted by an additional 0.1 kw to 4.7 kw – giving it an industry-beating power-to-weight ratio of just 1.34 kg/kw. Its advanced cylinder/piston configuration delivers maximum levels of torque and power.

Thanks to its advanced cylinder/piston configuration the power output of the limited-edition PS-7900 RS
(Racing Sport) has been boosted by 0.1 kw over the standard model to 4.7 kw
(6.4 hp). Torque delivery – crucial for efficiency of cutting – is improved across the entire speed range compared with the standard model. And since these performance gains have been achieved without adding to the weight of the machine, the Dolmar PS-7900 RS boasts an industry-beating power-to-weight ratio of just 1.34 kg/kw – or 0.98 kg per hp.

A direct comparison between the power and torque curves for the PS-7900 RS, as measured in the test laboratory, and those of rival products in the same weight category demonstrates how far advanced Dolmar’s motor technology really is compared with the technology of competitors. Both the PS-7900 RS and the PS-7900 produce on average up to 16% more power and torque across the entire speed range than rival products. In automotive terms, the combination of superior power delivery and low weight makes the Dolmar PS-7900 RS a thoroughbred sports car among chainsaws.

Production is limited to just 300 units worldwide. Each saw is individually numbered from 1/300 to 300/300 and is supplied with its own certificate of authenticity. And exclusivity is guaranteed. The special elements that make the DOLMAR PS-7900 RS unique are not available for retrofitting, so there is no way for tuning enthusiasts to “clone” the PS-7900 RS.

What’s more, the very first limited-edition model to come off the production line – Number 1/300 – will not be available to any buyer at any price. It will be awarded instead to the winner of the 2003 national German Forestry Workers' Championships."

Here's what I heard on the subject. The RS has no special internal parts. The saws that make the rs grade are hand picked as the strongest runners to be test run at the factory. The advertised hp of the 7900 is an average of many units tested. The RS units test above the average. The RS will not come to the US because there is no US legal muffler that will allow the output being acheived by the RS.

Just a matter of time before chainsaw manufacturers start offering telephone-book thick catalogs of custom chrome dress-up goodies and useless billet accessories for chainsaws. Guys will become known as chainsaw "owners" and not chainsaw "users". You will spend your weekends polishing your chainsaws while the neighbor dude "ohs and ahs" over it and says that someday he'll own one too. CHOG (Chainsaw Owners Group) will be an organization set up by manufacturers' for chainsaw owners and women will be encouraged to enter the "sport" while another authentic male bastion will be dead.

http://www.atthecreation.com/

PS7900RS

When you get over all the hype on the RS, order a Dan Henry PP7900 and you'll have a saw that works better than the RS and is worth collecting too. Duh? Do you want your saw to work collecting dust or dusting some trees? Get two of the Dan Henry PP7900's and you'll have one to put on the shelf for that collector in you, if you can keep yourself from taking it out on the job after you find out how nice the saw is. The Dan Henry PP7900 is a great saw to have on the job, ask me, I have one, and it doesn't sit on a shelf collecting dust. Just yesterday it was out dusting a 60' black locust in poor shape and 90' elm that had succumb to DED. I never thought of it as a collectors item, it's too much fun on the job dusting trees to leave it on a shelf collecting dust.

Righto George...and instead of 0.1 kw over stock, try 1.5 to 2.0.

When the Dolmar tech guys visited Danny's place, they were mighty impressed with his work....made the "special" model turn tail and run.

I think we should also add the EPH 7900 to the mix.
A really strong saw. I own the EPH 7900. Mine has around 85 hrs of cut time on it. It definatly hauls the mail and then some.
Hunter

so there is no way for tuning enthusiasts to “clone” the PS-7900 RS.

I am not sure as to why we would want to clone the RS.

The specifications on the saw are not that impressive. It really doesn't seem to have much over a stock 7900. I do like the color combo on the saw. I wish that we could buy those black parts, heck I would settle on getting them to ship my some of the 7900s with heated handles.

rb
Yes they did come here, spend the day with me and followed my around with a camcorder. They told me that the tape would be used for advertising in Germany. They also promised me a copy of the tape, that I still haven't received. They got the gold mine and I got the shaft. LOL

Dan is right you would not see .1 of a horse power , it is hard to see .5 of a horsepower so the RS will not be any faster than a good ps

The Dan Henry

I had the Dan Henry PP7900 out today and dusted 5 more locust with it. The biggest was over 2' diameter and 100'+ tall. Started at 10:00am and was done with clean up at 4:00pm. Two grounmen and a John Deer. Made a lot of firewood out of those trees. I know the saw should be at home, on the shelf, in the shop, to save it for the collectors but I couldn't help myself. What and miss the fun, you could see the sparks flying in broad daylight, that wood is hard. The saw is a blast to use. There are 12 more trees on this job to come down and some trimming later. This Dolmar doesn't sit around, it's too much of a blast to use. Till they make a better one, this one is going to be dusting trees not collecting dust. That's why you have to get two of them, you won't be able to stop yourself from using it.
I'll switch the 24" bar for the 32" bar for the 40"+ diameter elm at the far end of the property and see if the owner can keep up to the Dan Henry with his stock 066 and 36" bar when we cut it into firewood. Yhea, if you own one, you'll want to use it so buy two if you want to collect em, cause it's too tempting to take it out on the job.
The guy a couple of houses up from this job came to see it run and then showed me a 4' walnut thi afternoon that hangs over his house and his neighbors that he wants out. I can do that. Don't get one, get two.

a 4 ft walnut tree. he oughta sell that tree. he mite be able to retire.:)
if u do pics.. id love to see a pic of an 4ft walnut.

I've got an 80' walnut in my front "yard".  The thing I'd like to see is how small those people and their houses are such that a 4' tree can overhang them...

Gulliver

It happened again today

I was headed over to take down (dust) more of those locust trees and I just couldn't leave the Dolmar PP7900 on the shelf, I just can't help myself. The chain will need to be sharpened after todays work, the tree that got the chain had a hole in the west side big enough to stick your head through about 15' up and the croutch was split from 8' to the ground and ants in the top. You could stick your arm in there past the elbow without touching the other side. Had to pull it side ways, heavy lean to the east and down hill but it had to go west to fall. Used two rachet binders to hold it together. The Dan Henry did it again but the dead wood took it's toll on the chain, lots of sparks today. The dead sections of wood feel like your hitting a rock but the saw keeps on cutting. The chain will take more than a touch up this time to get the edge back, it quit throwing curly fries and went to throwing chips. You can't have that if you want to look impressive. The saw never lost it's edge. Loads of power. The only thing to give up was the edge on the chain and the 40 yard dumpster, it is full. They are going to drop a fresh dumpster on Monday and take the loaded one. We got a lot of firewood but anything with ants or rot goes, as do the elm and pine. Yep, this saw's a collectors item. It's not for the shelf till I'm done with it even though it's paid for itself on this job.

Latest posts

Back