Speedcast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This has little to do with firewood and more to do with being a man. We got
4"-5" of the fluffy white stuff here overnight and I just got in from plowing it aside.

The ole Fisher Speedcast was casting those millions of snowflakes aside like it didn't even know they were there.

The ground is well frozen and we had plowed 5 storms previously, making a perfect base to work off from.

The weight of that 9' plow on that cutting edge was scraping a surface that looked like a newly surfaced speedway.

As I drove along, I couldn't help but utter a little "TimThe Tool Man Tayler" grunt and smile.

I found a half burned cigar in the ash tray and torched that sucker up as a victory celebration over the white gravel I had successfully removed from my yard.

My snow removing confidence was so high that I even decided to make a new road connecting one driveway to the other. The ole GMC labored momentarily and then cleared the virgin path like it was removing a new bride's under garments.

As I lowered the massive dozer blade onto the wooden blocks to keep it from freezing down, a grin came across my face and I told myself I have an epic story of snow removal to tell my comrades.

Argh Argh Argh.

images

I know how you feel there Moss. I have done alot of plowing in the last 15 years and It is an accomplishment when you have finished up plowing after a storm and look back at your work. It is a great feeling. It is kinda like looking at your wood pile all winter long.:givebeer:

This has little to do with firewood and more to do with being a man. We got
4"-5" of the fluffy white stuff here overnight and I just got in from plowing it aside.

The ole Fisher Speedcast was casting those millions of snowflakes aside like it didn't even know they were there.

The ground is well frozen and we had plowed 5 storms previously, making a perfect base to work off from.

The weight of that 9' plow on that cutting edge was scraping a surface that looked like a newly surfaced speedway.

As I drove along, I couldn't help but utter a little "TimThe Tool Man Tayler" grunt and smile.

I found a half burned cigar in the ash tray and torched that sucker up as a victory celebration over the white gravel I had successfully removed from my yard.

My snow removing confidence was so high that I even decided to make a new road connecting one driveway to the other. The ole GMC labored momentarily and then cleared the virgin path like it was removing a new bride's under garments.

As I lowered the massive dozer blade onto the wooden blocks to keep it from freezing down, a grin came across my face and I told myself I have an epic story of snow removal to tell my comrades.

Argh Argh Argh.

Hey Moss:

I also had to plow today. Seems we got about the same amount of snow as you good folks up in the Piney Woods of Maine. I knocked off my house driveway and then had to go clear out the road into the woodlot I am working as well. I must admit to a certain sense of satisfaction when the job was completed but I was unable to achieve the stratospheric levels of pure pleasure that you seemed to have found in doing the same task. Forgive me for asking but was their anything unusual in that cigar that you haven't mentioned? lol. :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers: :hmm3grin2orange: :cheers: :hmm3grin2orange:

my snow removal didnt go so well. i got a plow on my old crapsman lawn tractor i bought to haul wood outta the woods. this is my first season with it and it works well enough. i was maybe 3/4 done and i dunno what i did but i bent the linkage to raise and lower it. now the plow only gets maybe 2 inches from the ground :angry:

so now i gotta either shovel or cut it up in the snow and reconfigure it and weld it up.

I would never wish for a third nut unless I had lost one of the originals in a freak accident. Having two is hard enough, as you get older you have a tendancy to sit on them.

I would never wish for a third nut unless I had lost one of the originals in a freak accident. Having two is hard enough, as you get older you have a tendancy to sit on them.

I've heard as you get older when you stand up the wrinkles on your face disappear? That's not true is it?:dunno:

I hate to be the one to tell ya but moss is old! :laugh: J/K :D What in the hank are you pushin a 9ft plow with?

Plowed 5 driveways at 07:30 w/ a Polaris 500, and did donuts !!! :clap:

Argh Argh Argh

Back