Spenser tapes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why whats wrong with Spencer Tapes thats all I have ever used never had any problems with them,but I do believe the Baileys sells ones that hold the Flasher..

Later Rob...

Think i found one through madsens, been putting it my 50 but when it rains it won't go in all the way.

Howdy-

You might try a little dry graphite in the rewind spring housing of your Spenser tapes. It displaces the moisture and keeps things spinning. Otherwise you'll have to put a 50' refill in a 100' housing, no joke. The 75' rewind spring is strong, but you're right, when it gets wet, it rubs on the aluminum plate and wants to stick. Stihl makes an excellent tape but it's spendy.

Hey Jacob, thanks for the tip, i've been sticking a 66' flasher in my 50' don't know how long that will last but back to packing the extra weight, dont like the weight of the 75 at all, but have to make to many long cuts, 54s 63s so got to have the extra long or have to double tape everything, no money in that, but i will keep my eyes open for that stihl tape though.

Jacob,

Welcome aboard that is a very good tip on using the graphite I totally forgot about that I usually do that to my tapes once every other week,I have seen the tapes that Stihl puts out the do look good..

Later Rob..

Who's diameter tape do you use spencer,lufkin etc..??Just curious I have been using a combo Spencer for about 3yrs now 50ft logger tape with diameter on back side,but I have been thinking about just getting a straight diameter tape...

Later Rob..

Lufkin, this mill were working for bought all the cutters them cause they went to a larger top size and i guess they thought we couldn't handle it.

Latest posts

Back