Split-Tail Termination Knots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been my experience that the greater the melting point, the lesser the abrasion resistance, so there is a trade off. The new high molecular density fibers are brittle and don't wear well or put up with repeated dynamic loading.

JPS wondered out loud: "I've often wondered what the use o 900* char test rope is when the sheath is a 400* polly yarn."

I guess it's because some guys need a stronger rope. Not to be a wise guy, although I am, no rope manufacturer is going to make a rope just for arborist tres cords. It cost millions to create and carry a line of ropes, they almost always need to be sold in different markets. In most cases what they do is suggest a line of exsisting rope, for your application.

Actualy they are, like John said above. Chisholm talks to a rope NER and is working on some cordage designed for the purpose, ie wear and heat tolerance. Jessy (treepreache51) has an aquaintance who makes rope on the west coast, they are doing the smae thing out there.

JuanGrande -

Give us some more info on that cord you ordered, I am always looking for something new.

Thanks

Nate

Material: Technora/Polyester sheath-Nylon Core
Weight: 3136g
Strength: 30 kN
NEW-932 Degree Scorch/Melting point Temperature-Highest fire/temperature resistance in Personal Escape Rope available
-Very Light
-Unique Hybrid Technora/Polyester sheath with Nylon Core-6900 lbs plus Tensile strength

What else can I say? Who has it? ME. Just kidding that is what Roachy says to me when I want something he has. You still can't get it in short lenghts. You have buy it buy the spool . I haven't recieved it yet and I am not sure how well it do for cord. As we all know it takes the right stiffness but suppleness to work good.

Brian, I didn't get any email from you. Did you send it [email protected]?

When I get it in I will let you all know my opinion. I'd be more than happy sell everyone some lengths to try along with any other spliced or non splice rope items.

There are soome guys on the bzzzz using a similar cord. Maybe if you askover there I know Tom D. and Mark C. have some and Jesse B. has some that his buddy spun up for him.

Back