Splitter pics and What we did during Christmas Vacation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is some more pics of my homemade splitter and another pic of the logs we brought home during Christmas Break. the logs are 12-14 foot long. Also another pic of the grapple I got for Christmas. The old 2171 has been working hard:givebeer:

that looks like it'll split a car in half. nice little monster you got there.

I think the next modifcation is going to be putting another set of wings on so it will split 6 ways instead of four . I gotta speed things up a bit:popcorn:

Nice pics. I'm jealous...

Is that a 36" opening? Looks huge to say the least...

What kind of cycle times does it have?

I want one....

The cylinder has a 42 inch stroke, and takes about 20 seconds to da a complete stroke . most of the time it is where youwant it by the time you line up the next split tho. Next skidsteer will have higher flow hydraulic if we trade this one in.
J.D.

I think the next modifcation is going to be putting another set of wings on so it will split 6 ways instead of four . I gotta speed things up a bit:popcorn:

i was wondering about that. when you split the large ones in fourths, do you have to split those quarters on a regular splitter?

a 6-way would solve that problem i guess.

This is a pic of the wedge.
I just use the bottom single split to do small peices . I just picked up a couple more 12 inch wedges today at Northern tool and I'll try to get them welded on there this week and try it out next weekend

With an OWB I don't need the pieces too small,just enough so I can pick them up with out killing myself. Somewhere around 2 cords an hour I think depending on the operator.

Latest posts

Back