Splitter project-can't seem to give it a rest!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted some pics of my on going (20 years) splitter project here awhile back.
Funny how one thing leads to another...Took the old girl to a welding shop to get new (used) springs under it. Welder had to fabricate some new spring hangers and left them bare metal. Pulled it into my paint booth just to get some paint on the hangers and look what happened.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Guess I'll have to get some new oak boards and re-plank it now that I've gone this far!

You can't use that splitter now it's to shinny not to mention you would chip and scratch the fresh paint :laugh: It looks very good now since it got a fresh coat of paint on it.

I posted some pics of my on going (20 years) splitter project here awhile back.
Funny how one thing leads to another...Took the old girl to a welding shop to get new (used) springs under it. Welder had to fabricate some new spring hangers and left them bare metal. Pulled it into my paint booth just to get some paint on the hangers and look what happened.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Guess I'll have to get some new oak boards and re-plank it now that I've gone this far!

What about the toilet paper and the cooler?! :cheers: :cheers:

What no flames? LOL! Looks great, I got to get some paint on mine soon as I'm done burnin more steel on it:D

A friend of mine, that has a saw mill, brought me a load of fresh oak 1x6 full dimension boards today so....I guess the new planking is.....on!

They are so pretty I may even have to put a finish of some kind on em!

More to follow....when I get time!

Sure glad I haven't kept track of how much I have invested in this gizmo!!!!

Nice splitter. Whats that bike in the background? Spokes look mid 80's. Dual disks rules out Harley.

Back